JAVA AND FULL STACK TECHNICAL LEAD
Vancouver, BC, Canada - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
Bluestream was founded in 1997 as a database technology company and has since moved into the DITA CCMS marketplace. With large customers around the world, Bluestream is a leader in its market. Bluestream is a technology rich company with a best of breed technology and a research orientation. We are in growth mode and are looking for an intermediate to expert technical candidate to contribute and often lead features. The existing team is experienced so this is a highly collaborative and knowledge driven environment. This is a long term growth position with possible movement to the CTO position as time goes on.
We are a distributed company with our development leadership located on the Sunshine Coast of BC offering an incredible lifestyle with all the opportunities for housing affordability, boating, biking, hiking, raising a family – all within easy access to Vancouver.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
This is a growth position. Certainly a base knowledge with significant depth is expected but an ability to learn new things and innovate is even more important.
· Show leadership in moving the product and features forward.
· Ability to review requirements, choose appropriate technologies and communicate architectures and designs to other technical staff.
· Familiarity with Algorithms, Objects Oriented Programming. Concurrency, Patterns and UML and other Diagramming
· Ability to design and implement application features for a Java Web Server environment.
- Implement primarily REST based services using JAX-RS but also familiar with JAX-WS
- Will code components in Java, object oriented programming.
- Expert in Java, J2EE.
- Detailed understanding of Client Server architecture, primarily for the Web, SQL databases and SQL transactions.
- Firm understanding of Internet standards, HTTP in particular.
- Perform code reviews and design reviews
- Understanding of XML technology stack: XML, XSLT, XQuery
- Understanding of multi-threaded programming in a Web Server environment
· Minimum 5 years experience with JAVA, J2EE
- BA or BSc with computer science, engineering or equivalent background and training.
- Collaborate on Product Management and requirements gathering and build designs and communicate those designs to other developers and interested stakeholders.
- Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale. Able to speak to mutual needs and win-win solutions. Uses two-way communication to influence outcomes and ongoing results
- Lead process improvements which guide the development, sustaining & support activities
- Ability to develop high quality code depending on project resourcing.
- Drive world-class quality in the development and support of products
- Engage subject matter experts in successful transfer of complex domain knowledge
- Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques. Write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
IT Software - System Programming
Computer Science, Engineering
Vancouver, BC, Canada