Java Developer, Equity Derivatives Front Office Real-Time Risk, VP
Mississauga, ON, Canada - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||10 Dec, 2021||Not Specified||09 Aug, 2021||6 year(s) or above||Gradle,Soft Skills,Jira,Core Java,Communication Skills,Technology,Design Patterns,Kotlin,Project Management Skills,Sme,Adoption,Disabilities,Data Structures,Sql,Kdb||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
The Applications Development Technology Lead Analyst is a senior level position responsible for establishing and implementing new or revised application systems and programs in coordination with the Technology team. The overall objective of this role is to lead applications systems analysis and programming activities.
- 6-10 years of relevant experience in Apps Development or systems analysis role
- Extensive experience system analysis and in programming of software applications
- Experience in managing and implementing successful projects
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) in at least one area of Applications Development
- Ability to adjust priorities quickly as circumstances dictate
- Demonstrated leadership and project management skills
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
- 6-10 years of experience with core Java (or Kotlin) with demonstrable success in developing multi-threaded applications
- Experience with C# development a plus
- Solid understanding of software development fundamentals including data structures, design patterns and object-orientated programming.
- Proven ability to develop clean, testable code.
- Understanding of relational database concepts and knowledge in SQL – Knowledge on KDB is a big plus.
- Experience with Jira, Git/Bitbucket, Gradle and CI/CD tools, e.g. TeamCity and UrbanCode Deploy.
- Experience with Linux/Unix desirable.
- Knowledge on Financial Service Industry desirable.
- Excellent communication skills as you will be working with different teams across different regions
- Strong passion for technology, especially Java, with a keen interest in driving adoption of new technologies and tools.
- Self-motivated individual and with ability to manage own workslate.
- Excellent collaborative skills; ability to work with others and contribute to global projects.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-pace environment; flexible and able to deliver results in the required time frame
Citi Canada is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly, we will make accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities (including, without limitation, physical and mental health disabilities) during the recruitment process and otherwise in accordance with law. Individuals who view themselves as Aboriginals, members of visible minority or racialized communities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Partner with multiple management teams to ensure appropriate integration of functions to meet goals as well as identify and define necessary system enhancements to deploy new products and process improvements
- Resolve variety of high impact problems/projects through in-depth evaluation of complex business processes, system processes, and industry standards
- Provide expertise in area and advanced knowledge of applications programming and ensure application design adheres to the overall architecture blueprint
- Utilize advanced knowledge of system flow and develop standards for coding, testing, debugging, and implementation
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of how areas of business, such as architecture and infrastructure, integrate to accomplish business goals
- Provide in-depth analysis with interpretive thinking to define issues and develop innovative solutions
- Serve as advisor or coach to mid-level developers and analysts, allocating work as necessary
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Design and develop high performance, low-latency trading applications that deliver to client expectations as well as improve stability and scalability of the trading platform.
- Partner with multiple technology, businesses and external teams to capture requirements and deliver timely solutions for new trading functionality and market upgrades.
- Liaise with global support teams to manage application upgrades and provide third-line support for existing trading platform.
- Develop common, reusable components and services that execute against Citi’s technical strategy and drive future improvements.
- Partner with business and other teams to evolve architecture roadmap and drive future direction of the trading platform.
- Participate in agile/scrum development lifecycle and drive engineering excellence.
IT Software - System Programming
Mississauga, ON, Canada