at Thermo Fisher Scientific
Alachua, Florida, USA - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||12 Oct, 2021||Not Specified||12 Jun, 2021||3 year(s) or above||Experimental Design,Molecular Biology,Color,Viral Vectors,Cell Culture,Biochemistry||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
JOB TITLE: LEAD SCIENTIST
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery! With revenues of more than $24 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
A Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization (molecular biology, biochemistry, engineering etc.) with 3+ years proven experience; or Masters or Ph.D in an appropriate area of specialization without proven or industry experience.
- Laboratory experience (ie, cell culture, viral vectors)
- Experimental design (ie, process development)
- Analyzing and presenting data
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Leading and supporting a team
- Managing multiple projects
- Problem solving and critical thinking
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status
You will lead and support Upstream Process Development (PD) activities that enables VVS to deliver a scalable manufacturing process to its clients for the purpose of producing viral vector material for clinical use. This will include active involvement in the vector production process and researching/sourcing reagents, equipment and materials for specific activities related to the process.
- Work closely with Manufacturing personnel to ensure that the process developed in PD is successfully transitioned to clinical Manufacturing.
- Collaborate with the Upstream PD team and clients in the design, modify and scale-up of processes to ensure their successful scalability and transfer to cGMP compliant manufacturing.
- Oversee, hands-on, critical production activities to ensure appropriate and compliant execution.
- Interpret, organize and present data to clients and coworkers.
- This may require 1-2 weekend days/month to support ongoing projects and meet deadlines.
IT Software - Other
An appropriate area of specialization (molecular biology biochemistry engineering etc
Alachua, FL, USA