Land Management Technician
Sale, Victoria, Australia - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||30 Dec, 2020||Not Specified||30 Sep, 2020||1 year(s) or above||Good communication skills||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
Ventia’s acquisition of Broadspectrum, completed in June 2020, brings together two highly complementary businesses, each with a proud heritage of providing essential infrastructure services in Australia and New Zealand. We are one of the largest suppliers of essential services in the region, and are proud to provide the expertise to keep infrastructure working for our communities. No one else does exactly what we do in the way we do it.
We are seeking an experienced Land Management Technician specialising in land management & supporting the upkeep of Defence site gardens and grounds area.
This is a permanent full-time position based at the RAAF Base in East Sale.
How To Apply:
Incase you would like to apply to this job directly from the source, please click here
RESPONSIBILITIES ALSO INCLUDE:
- Operation of mowing equipment and tractors for the maintenance of the lawns.
- Upkeep and maintenance of gardens and lawns as directed.
- Propagation and planting of plant species as directed.
- General garden handwork as required including weeding, debris and rubbish clean-up, mulching, composting, lawn seeding, sowing and monitoring of growth.
- Fertilizing of gardens and lawns including pest and infestation control and application of insecticides or other sprays to control unwanted growth of certain plants
- Regular cleaning of the vehicles, grounds equipment, machinery and tools that are used during service delivery.
- General laboring in the grounds as required.
- Other tasks as directed.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE ROLE YOU WILL NEED TO POSSESS THE FOLLOWING:
- Must have a minimum of one years’ experience in a similar working environment
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Working within an Environmental Management System
- Level 1 in Chainsaw Operation (trim and cross cut)
- Experience in the application of insecticides
- Use of minor plant and equipment (mowers, tractors, brush cutters, spray units)
- Current car drivers licence with no restrictions
To be considered for this role you will need to be an Australian Citizen and will be required to undertake an Australian Federal Police Check and a Pre-employment Medical Assessment.
Production / Maintenance / Quality
Sale VIC, Australia