Lead QA Automation Engineer
at Johnson Controls
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||05 Feb, 2020||Not Specified||05 Nov, 2019||N/A||Test Cases,Spreadsheets,Sustainability,Buildings,C++,Agile Environment,Emerging Technologies,Information Systems,Engineers,Sql,Operating Systems,Consideration,Sql Server,Java,Computer Science,Vsts,Interpersonal Skills,Written Communication,Mathematics||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics discipline with strong Computer Science skills or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years preferred test case automation in C#, C++, Java, or related high level language.
- Experience creating test cases in a SAFe Agile environment.
- Some experience in relational database management systems and SQL.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows operating systems and MS Office Suite programs.
- Familiarity with large data collections in both databases and spreadsheets.
- Ability to understand technical material.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with engineers, analysts, designers, and software developers.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently, with good organizational skills and the flexibility and adaptability to work on multiple projects with exceptional attention to detail.
- High degree of interpersonal skills including both oral and written communication.
- Ability to assimilate and implement new and emerging technologies.
- The Ideal Candidate will also meet the following requirements:
- Experience with Johnson Controls selection tools and/or Selection Navigator.
- Proficiency with MS SQL Server.
- Experience with source code repositories such as SVN, SourceSafe, or VSTS.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win everywhere, every day and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through our strategic focus on buildings.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.
Job Information Systems
Organization Bldg Technologies & Solutions
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Under general supervision, evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering and technology principles and techniques to assigned business problems. The candidate will work collaboratively on projects that have low to moderate impact on the business. The candidate ensures that results meet established needs, goals and timelines.
The Lead QA Automation Engineer will work within a team of developers on Johnson Control’s configuration software platform, Selection Navigator. The candidate will be responsible for additional applications and utilities required to support this suite of software.
HOW YOU WILL DO IT
- Provides guidance to program System Integration Testing team
- Designs, develops, documents, and implements automated and manual software test cases on Selection Navigator platform in accordance with backlog specifications, ensuring completion within the planned time constraint and meeting the established objectives for quality, reliability and performance. Uses judgment in suggesting adaptations or modifications where appropriate.
- Provides both technical and administrative documentation in a timely manner for developed software and design models.
- Provides technical input, feedback, and consultation to other internal organizations integrating to the Selection Navigator platform in regards to test cases and automation of test cases.
- Provide assistance in investigation, analysis, and data gathering.
- Will receive direction and recommendations in the application of sound practices in software development.
- Assist development staff members in debugging and troubleshooting defects
- Reviews code of fellow automation team members to provide feedback on code quality.
- Provides Level 3 End User support for Selection Navigator as needed
- Adheres to the Company’s Code of Conduct and Business Ethics standards.
IT Software - QA & Testing
Computer science engineering or mathematics discipline with strong computer science skills or equivalent experience
Milwaukee, WI, USA