Lead Technology Program Manager
Charlotte, NC 28202, USA -
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||28 Feb, 2023||USD 81200 Annual||30 Nov, 2022||7 year(s) or above||Computer Science,It,Technology||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
The primary purpose of this role is to have single-threaded ownership of delivering Technology programs that cross multiple Portfolio and/or Product/Project teams. This includes responsibility for developing work plans to meet Technology priorities and deadlines, determining and carrying out technical processes, coordinating resources to accomplish goals, partnering internally and externally to drive timely and effective decisions, and identifying and responding to opportunities for program process improvements. Overall, this role manages Technology programs that play an important role in moving the organization forward and providing strategic technology improvements across the business.
To be successful, the individual in this role must leverage a background working directly with or in the technology function and apply deep expertise in IT related project/program management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, MIS, or related field (or equivalent work experience in a related field)
- 7 years of experience in IT or technology focused business area
- Manages one or more large, highly complex and/or high impact programs with extended durations, with full responsibility and accountability for the delivery and outcomes of any/all projects within the program.
- Develops, analyzes, and manages the execution of program plans, schedules, status reporting and resource forecasts while controlling and mitigating program level risks.
- Ensures successful execution and completion by managing constraints related to cost, time, scope, and quality in adherence with established organizational practices.
- Serves as primary program liaison with C-level executive leaders, Technology program and project sponsors, customers, vendors and other key stakeholders to identify program initiatives, and influence the prioritization of projects, deliverables, and decisions necessary for optimal program delivery.
- Drives the work for program and project teams by recommending or requesting resources to support program/project demands, communicates a clear vision of goals and objectives, and provides technical knowledge and input for deliverables worked on by the team.
- Develops and manages program and project timelines, budgets, financials, forecasts, spend, and global resource utilization, providing input and justification of impact to the team to make adjustments when issues are identified and require resolution.
- Leads cross functional global workforce and third-party solution provider(s) to achieve desired business outcomes (i.e., RFIs and vendor request RFPs) and ultimately to create and execute integrated and efficient program plans.
- Communicates a clear vision and technical understanding of program goals and objectives to project teams, setting expectations and holding project teams accountable to those expectations.
- Measures and reports program-wide progress against the business case.
- Decomposes work into program execution plans (i.e., work breakdown structures) and technical objectives (e.g., software and system development needs, IT architecture, testing requirements, security protocols, etc.), partnering with the business and/or Product teams to translate business plans into tactical action items.
- Partners with cross-functional Business and Technology leaders to identify and manage program interdependencies.
- Manages program level risks, issues, decisions and scope changes.
- Anticipates and manages dependencies affected by ongoing changes across projects; establishes contingency plans and recommends ways to mitigate future risks.
- Shares program/project management expertise and technical knowledge; provides insight and coaching to others around standard methodologies and practices.
- Engages with partner project/program management groups to ensure that non-technical components are managed and delivered as needed to support overall delivery of the technology program.
- Provides coaching and guidance to more junior level associates.
- Manages expenses for initiatives within scope of responsibility.
- Serves as a technology subject-matter-expert for program/project management resources that participate from outside the technology organization, sharing and translating technology concepts and processes.
- Utilizes technical knowledge and skills to effectively translate the unique needs and requirements of the technology organization into project/program objectives, roadmaps, and activities.
- Monitors technology trends, and anticipates their impact on the technology program management organization.
- Collaborates with the broader technology community to understand dependencies and proactively anticipate needs and challenges that are unique to the technology organization.
IT Software - Other
Computer Science, Business Administration, Administration, Business, MIS
Charlotte, NC 28202, USA