Managing Director (Travel & Leisure)
at Valsoft Corporation
Auckland City, Auckland, New Zealand - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||09 Feb, 2020||Not Specified||09 Nov, 2019||5 year(s) or above||Operations,Continuous Improvement,Interpersonal Skills,Travel,Technology,Business Intelligence,Him||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
Valsoft Corporation is currently seeking a dynamic and exceptional leader to captain the Travel & Leisure division. The Managing Director will be responsible for ensuring everyday activities run efficiently and effectively.
IN ORDER TO SUCCEED, THE CANDIDATE MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Education: Bachelor level, in engineering or technology; MBA or other advanced degree preferred.
- Over 5 years of direct team management experience or demonstrated leadership potential.
- Over 5 years of operational experience, in a technology environment.
- Strong financial acumen broadly across the organization (e.g., managing a P&L, understanding of financial documents, business intelligence, FP&A processes, etc.)
- Certain level of familiarity with the M&A process.
- Ability to structure, analyze, and solve complex business problems, as well as deliver impact against concrete business goals.
- Strong organizational and prioritizing skills.
- Cross-functional management skill set including operations, sales, administration, and R&D.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to manage, lead and motivate employees.
- A “roll up the sleeves” attitude towards problem solving.
- Goal-oriented with comfort in setting measurable goals for others and him/herself.
- Comfortable working independently as well as in a team.
- Ability and willingness to create change; passion for continuous improvement.
- Travel required for internal and customers meetings.
- Full control and responsibility over the region’s P&L.
- Lead our established management team by providing tools and support to ensure success.
- Collaborate with senior management to set strategy and objectives.
- Work with product and technology teams to develop the product roadmap and ensure the focus is on the right R&D initiatives.
- Manage day-to-day affairs of the region and act as the last point of escalation for all customers and members of the team.
- Establish a sales culture throughout the organization.
- Enforce accountability on all levels.
- Constantly protect and invigorate our hospitality brands while maintaining the current level of excellence in customer satisfaction.
- Strike collaborative partnerships with other companies in the industry.
- Provide quarterly reporting on the progress and results of the business.
- Research and build business plans with the management team on new/emerging growth markets and new commercial strategies.
- Analyze the target market and create an engagement plan.
- Monitor market and existing customers risk and opportunity trends with the aim of growing and retaining revenue.
- Fully manage hiring, training and development of the team.
- Ensure all commercial activities meet or improve on budget, cost, volume and efficiency targets for short and long-term plans.
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
- Manage organizational structure of various departments, ensuring scalability, optimization and efficiency.
- Work effectively with department leadership and other teams to implement strategies that will increase productivity.
- Coach team on department metrics in order to achieve a higher level of performance.
- Execute performance management measures in a timely & proactive manner.
- Identify technological, quality and productivity enhancements.
- Assist in implementing policies, procedures, new systems and organization changes.
- Assist teams in developing effective procedures, work schedules & assignment of responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as required.
Sales / BD
Auckland City, Auckland, New Zealand