at SA Health
ACC, South Australia, Australia - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||27 Apr, 3628||Not Specified||23 Sep, 2019||N/A||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
- Central Adelaide Local Health Network - The Royal Adelaide Hospital
- Total Indicative Remuneration PO-2 $90,046/$99,757
- Permanent full-time
The Radiation Engineering Section provides electrical, electronic and mechanical technological support to enable the reliable, precise and safe operation of complex equipment used for public radiation therapy patient treatment within SA Health.
Under the administrative supervision of the Principal Radiation Engineer, the occupant of this position:
- Delivers expert Mechanical Engineering services, which ensures the specific and complex technical needs of assigned radiotherapy equipment is met.
- Provides a range of specialised services for the effective operation, repair and maintenance of significant, complex and critical radiotherapy equipment.
- Uses professional judgement, as a discrete specialist, to select and apply new and existing methods and techniques.
- Delivers responsible, professional and efficient services, and expertly applies recognised professional mechanical engineering standards and practice, to provide cost-effective and innovative radiation engineering services across the Department and for external stakeholders.
- Contributes expert, professional input into Radiation Engineering’s commercial activities.
- Ensures compliance with Policies, Procedures and Instructions as detailed in the Department’s Policy and Procedures Manual.
The occupant of this position has the primary responsibility for the autonomous delivery of a range of professionally competent mechanical engineering solutions, designs, and maintenance and repair services, for highly complex radiotherapy equipment and all corresponding components, including mechanical assemblies, drivetrains, gearboxes, cooling water systems, laser systems, optical systems, hydraulic assemblies, vacuum systems and pneumatic systems.
An appropriate Degree in Mechanical Engineering, which qualifies the incumbent for Membership of the Institution of Engineers, Australia.
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.
Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Check and compliant Immunisation screening.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
703877 Mechanical Engineer1.pd
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
Engineering Design / R&D
Adelaide City Centre SA, Australia