Medical Laboratory Technologist 1
at The Provincial Health Services Authority
Vancouver, BC, Canada - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||08 Dec, 2020||Not Specified||09 Sep, 2020||6 year(s) or above||Writing,Training,Software,Interpersonal Skills,Collaboration,Technical Competence||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
In accordance with PHSA’s Mission, Vision and Values, the strategic direction of employee and patient safety is a priority and responsibility shared by everyone in all agencies, divisions and services. The requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
Under general supervision, the Medical Laboratory Technologist performs technical work involved in the duties associated with laboratory test procedures. As well, the Medical Laboratory Technologist evaluates and verifies results, and prepares related reports.
Education, Training and Experience
- Certification with the Canadian Society of Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS).
- One year recent related experience in the designated discipline within the last six years, and/or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated recent working knowledge of the assigned section or sections.
- Demonstrated knowledge of laboratory procedures, and technical competence to perform tests used in the assigned section of the laboratory, including quality control and safety.
- Basic awareness of research process.
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure in a constantly changing environment.
- Basic knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care using point of care instrumentation.
- Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment and software, including techniques appropriate to the designated area of the laboratory.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Obtains laboratory samples from patients as required.
- Performs Laboratory procedures and analyzes results according to established policies.
- Prepares a variety of solutions, reagents, standards and controls for use in analysis, in accordance with the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Responds to requests and inquiries for test results by various methods as required by the standard operating procedures.
- Communicates test results to the appropriate parties, including designated members of other health teams, by methods such as printing and distributing lab results in accordance with the established procedures of the designated area.
- Performs routine instrument maintenance including the setup, calibration, and maintenance of laboratory instruments. Identifies and reports malfunctions in equipment in accordance with the practices established by the Diagnostic Accreditation Program (DAP).
- Assists in the evaluation of technical procedures and provides input in the development and maintenance of policy procedures for assigned work area.
- Participates in departmental training and orientation programs by demonstrating established laboratory procedures to new employees and students, according to established Laboratory guidelines.
- Assists with information management, such as workload statistics, through methods such as gathering information, completing analysis and recording information.
- Maintains inventory of supplies by methods such as identifying depleting stock, notifying applicable personnel and/or completing requisitions and forwarding for approval and ordering.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area according to established policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Pharma / Biotech / Healthcare / Medical / R&D
Vancouver, BC, Canada