Hampton, Virginia, USA - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||25 Dec, 2020||Not Specified||25 Sep, 2020||2 year(s) or above||Good communication skills||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
Natera is looking for a Mobile Phlebotomist.
A Phlebotomist serves patients by identifying the best method for retrieving blood; preparing specimens for laboratory testing; and performing screening procedures.
- Minimum of 2 years of phlebotomy experience.
- BS/BA degree (preferred).
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to serve and protect the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and JCAHO standards.
- Verifies test requisitions by comparing the information with the nursing station log; bringing discrepancies to the attention of unit personnel.
- Verifies patient by reading patient identification.
- Obtains blood specimens by performing venipunctures and finger sticks.
- Maintains specimen integrity by using aseptic technique, following department procedures; observing isolation procedures.
- Tracks collected specimens by initialing, dating, and noting times of collection; maintaining daily tallies of collections performed.
- Maintains quality results by following department procedures and testing schedule; recording results in the quality-control log; identifying and reporting needed changes.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Resolves unusual test orders by contacting the physician, pathologist, nursing station, or reference laboratory; referring unresolved orders back to the originator for further clarification; notifying supervisor of unresolved orders.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances phlebotomy department and hospital reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- This role works with PHI on a regular basis both in paper and electronic form and has access to various technologies to access PHI (paper and electronic) in order to perform the job
- The employee must complete training relating to HIPAA/PHI privacy, General Policies, and Procedure Compliance training and security training as soon as possible but not later than the first 30 days of hire.
- Must maintain a current status on Natera training requirements
- Employee must pass a post-offer criminal background check.
Pharma / Biotech / Healthcare / Medical / R&D
Hampton, VA, USA