at New York Oncology Hematology
Albany, New York, USA - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||10 Feb, 2022||Not Specified||12 Nov, 2021||1 year(s) or above||Oncology,Nursing Education||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
Under general supervision, provides professional nursing care for patients adhering to national and company standards and guidelines for specialty regulations. Demonstrates knowledge of physiological, psychological, and developmental and age specific differences in the patient population including late adolescence, adulthood, middle age, and the elderly. Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to provide for assessment and therapeutic management of patient/family needs. Supports and adheres to the US Oncology Compliance Program, to include the Code of Ethics and Business Standards.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES):
Education/Training: Graduate from an accredited program for professional nursing education, BSN preferred. RN state license and current registration with the State Board of Nursing in practicing state. Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification. Must maintain continuing education requirements. COVID-19 vaccination is required. We will consider accommodations for disability-based reasons.
Business Experience: 0-3 years nursing experience, preferably at least one year in oncology
How To Apply:
Incase you would like to apply to this job directly from the source, please click here
- See below for supplementary language regarding Specialty Specific Requirements (e.g. transplant, infusion) as applicable.
- Plan, implement, coordinate, evaluate and promote the continuity of care consistent with established standards and practices.
- Assesses health status by interviewing patient regarding current status and medical history.
- Collects and records nursing assessment and interventions.
- Reviews and reports the results of the health status assessment and physical examination, pertinent laboratory data, radiographic data and psychosocial assessment of assigned patients to the provider.
- Assesses patient/family needs and provides teaching and other instructional material.
- Provides psychosocial support to patients and families.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Prepares and administers therapies under the direction and supervision of a physician.
- Administers all medications/blood products using correct medication/blood product, dosage/amount, route, time and technique.
- Assures pre-authorization and appropriate consent forms are obtained prior to administration of therapies where applicable.
- Facilitates dose modification by assessing patient, assessing labs, consulting protocol or treatment plan, calculating dose, and consulting physician regarding dosage modifications, problems and symptom management
- Performs venipuncture, accesses implanted ports and maintains central lines catheter devices.
- Maintains accurate documentation of assigned patient care and treatments provided.
- Applies knowledge of reimbursement procedures and charge capture.
- Maintains work environment
- Restocks the supply area as needed.
- Follows OSHA guidelines when handling cytotoxic agents, biohazardous waste and any other material potentially infected with a blood borne pathogen.
- Maintains all disinfection protocols.
- Maintains equipment according to quality control standards.
- Facilitates clinical operations and patient care
- Manages patient medication refill requests from the pharmacy telephone line and records the information in the patient chart.
- Assists physician with exams and procedures.
- Maintains efficient and appropriate patient flow in and out of exam rooms.
- Facilitates and schedules consultations, pre-testing, diagnostic tests or procedures, referrals and future appointments for patients.
- Triages patient phone calls as needed and documents relevant information in the patient’s chart.
- As necessary, facilitates communication between patient/family and interdisciplinary team and coordinates services related to patient care.
- Assist patients in locating available community resources.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Inter professional collaboration
- Assist and collaborate with clinical research.
- Acts as a resource to LPN/LVNs and medical assistants.
- Provides nursing coverage for the satellite offices as needed.
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains current knowledge of oncology nursing by participating in ongoing educational opportunities.
Pharma / Biotech / Healthcare / Medical / R&D
Albany, NY, USA