Outsourcing Operations Specialist
Espoo, Etelä-Suomi, Finland -
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||25 Dec, 2023||Not Specified||26 Sep, 2023||N/A||Computer Science,Project Management Software,Communication Skills,Operations,Analytical Skills,Outsourcing,Project Management Skills,Resource Management,Decision Making,Metrics||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
Who are we?
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 57 nationalities. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
What do we do?
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
What are we looking for?
At ICEYE, we are building a 24/7 ‘always on’ operational capacity to support global natural catastrophe event response. As part of that, we work with global outsourcing firms to augment our team’s response capacity to ensure we meet critical timelines dictated by severe natural catastrophe events. We seek an experienced Outsourcing Operations Specialist to manage and monitor all ICEYE natural catastrophe outsourcing teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (e.g. Computer science, engineering, GIS/Remote sensing).
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus.
- 5 years of experience in outsourcing, resource management, or operations, preferably within a technology-driven industry.
- Strong project management skills with a proven ability to manage multiple tasks, projects, and priorities simultaneously.
- Exceptional analytical skills to interpret data, trends, and metrics to drive informed decision-making.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to facilitate effective collaboration with international teams and stakeholders.
- Problem-solving mindset with the ability to identify challenges, propose solutions, and drive their implementation.
- Proficiency in using productivity tools, project management software, and data analysis tools.
- Previous experience working with offshore teams, particularly from India and the Philippines, is a plus.
- Familiarity with any project management software is advantageous.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
The Outsourcing Operations Specialist will join our team to collaborate closely with global ICEYE outsourcing teams . As the Outsourcing Operations Specialist, you will play a critical role in ensuring seamless operations and resource optimization to meet the growing demands of our projects.
- Collaborate closely with the global outsourced teams to monitor and assess capacity utilization over weekends and during peak times.
- Identify potential gaps in capacity and proactively recommend resource adjustments to ensure optimal team performance and workload management.
- Communicate effectively with both the outsourced teams and internal ICEYE team to ensure alignment on project requirements, timelines, and expectations.
- Demonstrate exceptional communication skills to articulate capacity needs, project updates, and potential solutions to stakeholders and management.
- Analyze data and metrics related to team workload, project progress, and capacity utilization to generate insightful reports for management review.
- Lead discussions with internal teams to identify opportunities for process improvements, resource allocation optimization, and overall operational efficiency.
- Work closely with the manager to develop and implement strategies that address capacity challenges and ensure timely project delivery.
- Serve as the main point of contact for escalations related to resource constraints, project delays, and other outsourcing-related issues.
- Foster a collaborative and solution-oriented approach among cross-functional teams, promoting a positive and productive work environment.
IT Software - Other
A technical field (e.g