at Thompson Construction
Sumter, South Carolina, USA - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||05 Nov, 2020||Not Specified||06 Aug, 2020||N/A||Severe Weather||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to TIG and stick weld on stainless and/or carbon (pipe size and material welded varies per site).
- Must pass required weld tests (varies per site).
- Must be willing to work outside craft.
- Workers are surrounded by hot materials and strong light.
- Must wear safety gear, including protective goggles, masks, face shields and safety shoes.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate clearly with supervisor/co-workers and understand direction from supervisor.
- Utilize basic math and a calculator to solve geometric problems associated with Instrument Fitting.
- May be required to work outside and be subject to severe weather as well.
- Employee must be able to climb, bend, twist, stand and reach repetitively, operate moving equipment and work in hot/cold/damp/cramped environments.
- Candidate may be required to pass a drug test and criminal background check based on job location/requirements.
How To Apply:
Incase you would like to apply to this job directly from the source, please click here
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lay out, position, align, and secure parts and assemblies prior to assembly.
- Examine work pieces for defects and measure work pieces to ensure conformance with specifications.
- Weld together metal components of products such as piping systems, plate, pipe and tube or structural shapes, as specified by layout, blueprints, diagram, work order, welding procedures, or oral instructions, using electric arc-welding equipment.
- Obtain specified electrode and inserts electrode into portable holder or threads consumable electrode wire through portable welding gun.
- Connect cables and adjust welding unit to obtain amperage, voltage, polarity, and pulse, as specified by welding procedure or supervisor.
- Start power supply to produce electric current.
- Strike (form) arc which generates heat to melt and deposit metal from electrode to work piece and join edges of work piece.
- Manually guide electrode or gun along weld-line, maintaining length of arc and speed of movement to form specified depth of fusion and bead, as judged from color of metal, sound of weld, and size of molten puddle.
- Weld in flat, horizontal, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Examine weld for bead size and other specifications.
- May manually apply filler rod to supply weld metal.
- May clean or degrease weld joint or workplace, using wire brush, portable grinder, or chemical bath. May repair broken or cracked parts and fill holes.
- May prepare broken parts for welding by grooving or scarfing surfaces.
- May remove excess weld, defective weld material, slag, and spatter, using carbon arc gouge, hand scraper, grinder or power chipper.
- May preheat work piece, using hand torch or heating furnace.
- May position and clamp work piece together or assemble then in a jig or fixture.
- May tack weld assemblies together.
- May cut metal plates or structural shapes.
- May fit up parts (pipe, tube, structural shapes, or plate) and inspect fit before welding.
- May be required to use Gas-Metal Arc, Flux-Cored Arc, Gas-Tungsten Arc, Submerged Arc, or Shielded-Metal Arc welding processes.
- Respiratory protection is common and may be required.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules.
- Other duties as assigned.Minimum Required Tool List:
- Must have own TIG Rig and Stinger
- 1 each 12” Crescent Wench
- 1 each Stinger (whip) for Stick Welding
- 1 each Tig Rig w/Hose and Gauges
- 1 each 25’ Tape Measure
- 1 set Burning Goggles
- 1 each Chipping Hammer
- 1 set Brushes
- 1 pair Welding Gloves
- 1 pair Leathers (optional)
- 1 each Welding Hood and Lens (Must be attached to hard hat or will attach to hard hat) *No Soft Cap Hoods
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
Production / Maintenance / Quality
Sumter, SC, USA