Principal Computer Vision Engineer / Scientist
Menlo Park, California, USA - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||12 Feb, 2022||Not Specified||12 Nov, 2021||4 year(s) or above||Camera Calibration,Training,Literature,Thought Leadership,Machine Vision,C++,Pandas,Machine Learning,Iccp,Data Analysis,Iso,Journals,Localization,Stereo Vision,Medical Devices,Optimization,Computer Vision,Algorithms,Regulated Industry,Communication Skills||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named the #5 World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (STRONGLY DESIRED):
- Expertise in the OpenCV library for image processing and computer vision, Tensorflow / Keras and/or Pytorch for deep learning model training and deployment, and scikit-learn and Pandas for machine learning and data analysis.
- Experience with 3D machine vision, localization, stereo vision, camera calibration, optical flow, and other similar skills.
- Experience working with edge-based / embedded computer vision algorithms
- Experience in designing and training and deploying production-grade deep learning architectures for computer vision application with a broad understanding of latest CV / DL methods and literature.
- Working knowledge of C/C++
- Experience in writing reusable, scalable, test-driven and well documented codebase
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Scientific thinking and the ability to invent, a track record of thought leadership and contributions that have advanced the field
- Academic publication in CV/AI conferences / journals such as CVPR, ICCP, ICCV, NeurIPS, etc is a plus.
- Strong mathematical skills with knowledge of statistical methods and optimization.
- Experience with medical devices and product development in a regulated industry, e.g. software developed under ISO 13485.
KNOW SOMEONE AT STRYKER?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals
How To Apply:
Incase you would like to apply to this job directly from the source, please click here
WHAT YOU WILL DO
In this position, you will be part of a highly talented, award-winning Silicon Valley team focused on developing cutting edge artificial intelligence (AI) and computer vision-based medical technologies for the operating room and hospitals. The Stryker AI team comprises industry visionaries, scientists and engineers dedicated to developing technologies that change the way care is provided in the operating room, and you should be one of them. You will join a team that brought one of the first AI-driven medical devices to the operating room the Triton Blood Loss app and spawned an entirely new type of AI-enabled FDA-cleared medical device. You will help us with many new innovations in the works that need skilled, creative, and inventive people to make them a reality.
In this role, you will work along with a team of applied scientists, software engineer and clinical engineers to research, design, develop, and deploy computer vison and deep learning-based algorithms into existing and new medical device products. This is a unique, high visibility opportunity for a technical leader who wants to make business impacts, and dive deep into computer vision problems. We are particularly interested if you have experience productizing edge-based computer vision systems. In this role, you will be expected to deal with ambiguity! You will bring your outstanding analytical abilities and desire to work with cross-functional teams and systems. You are a self-starter and able to learn on the go.
- You will lead, mentor and work with the team to design, prototype, evaluate, optimize, implement and deploy CV/DL algorithms as an integral part of AI-powered medical technologies for the operating room.
- You will translate product feature requirements to design inputs / specifications and come up with high-level algorithmic designs to meet requirements and guide design tradeoff decisions.
- You will research and prototype state-of-the-art computer vision and deep learning methods to develop solutions that meets product requirements.
- You will design algorithm evaluation frameworks, schedule and report algorithm performance on a regular basis.
- You will establish, develop and maintain procedures for camera / image sensor selection and evaluation of image quality monitoring in the target device.
- You will optimize and deploy algorithms on target hardware platforms, such as tablets and edge-computing devices.
- You will document and present progress in algorithm design, development, and evaluation (requirements/design/architecture/bugs/tests)
- You will lead code reviews for projects/systems as an independent reviewer applying design principals, coding standards and best practices
- You will hold the team accountable to deliver high quality results with passion, energy and drive to meet business priorities
IT Software - System Programming
Menlo Park, CA, USA