Principal Data & Applied Scientist Manager
at Microsoft Corporation
Bellevue, Washington, USA - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||27 Aug, 2021||Not Specified||28 Apr, 2021||6 year(s) or above||Color,Legal Requirements,Software Development,Sql,Measurements,System Architecture,Data Science,Regulations,Relevance,Java,Machine Learning,R,Consideration,Developers,Engineers,Python,Natural Language Processing,Deep Learning,Ordinances,Microsoft||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
Bing video search is critical part of the Bing search stack as it drives a significant percentage of query volume and a variety of search experiences, and is growing exceptionally fast in popularity and growth of video content on the internet. As a key contributor to that experience, our Bing Video relevance team is responsible for core ranking and relevance for video search. While doing so we work to find the right set of documents across billions and billions of documents applying state of the art machine learning and deep learning techniques into various problems in video search.
We are looking for a seasoned and passionate technical leader for our video relevance team who has deep technical expertise in machine learning, deep learning, and natural language processing with an ability to drive direction for the team. As a technical lead you would have an opportunity to drive direction for the video relevance team which have consistently been called the crown jewels for Bing and one of the key reasons for users to choose Bing. You would have an opportunity to impact high value search segments like difficult queries, entertainment (movie\tv\music), DIY, sports, shopping, food and recipes, arts and craft, etc. We have an ambitious path ahead of us to further accelerate our growth. In this role you would be working with state-of-the-art machine learning, deep learning and computer vision techniques with access to large scale data.
If this sounds interesting, we encourage you to keep reading and apply!
- 6+ years of experience in a software development, applied science, data science or related role
- 6+ years expereince developing in Python, SQL, R, C/C++, C#, and/or Java
- Experience leading team in a manager or tech lead capacity
- Experience in natural language processing, machine leaning, deep learning or data mining area
- Experience on running high reliable service
- Experience with test driven software design/development
- Enjoy learning and ramping up on new technologies quickly.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
WebXTPrincipal# #Search# #WebXT
You will work with a strong and fun team of applied scientists and developers who are responsible for driving and ranking and relevance for Bing Video search. World-class researchers stay engaged in our problems, keeping you in the forefront of advancing technologies. Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead a team of 4-5 data scientist and engineers to drive ranking and relevance within Video search
- Drive metrics and measurements and set vision for the team
- Set the vision and act as an expert on large scale system architecture and development for the team.
- Drive effort to utilize state of the art Machine learning and deep learning techniques in both NLP and Computer vision space
- Work closely with other peer teams in bing for helping drive effort
- Pursue high impact work to quickly deliver on critical areas that our users value.
- Help to build and grow talent in these areas.
IT Software - System Programming
Bellevue, WA, USA