Principal Mechanical Engineer - Thermal Analyst
at Raytheon Company
Sacramento, California, USA - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||24 Feb, 2020||Not Specified||26 Oct, 2019||4 year(s) or above||Engineering Disciplines,Correlation,Communication Skills,Sinda,Thermal Analysis,Thermal Testing,Software,Color,Applied Physics,Electronic Cooling,Collaboration,Consideration,Testing,Systems Engineering,Complex Systems,Interpersonal Skills,Data Reduction||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
IF YOU CAN ANSWER “YES” TO THESE QUESTIONS, WE WANT TO TALK TO YOU!
We are Raytheon Missile Systems and are seeking several career level Thermal Analyst / Engineers to join the Mechanical Subsystems Engineering Directorate (MSD) within Analysis & Test Department. If you are a Thermal Analyst willing and you meet the following qualifications we’d like to speak with you! This position is located in Sacramento, CA.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & EDUCATION:
- Eight (8) years of professional experience in Thermal Analyses (MS with 6 years or Ph.D. with 4 years of experience)
- Eight (8) years of experience performing Thermal Finite modeling using at least one of these tools; PATRAN, SINDA, ANSYS or equivalent software
- Experience performing hand calculations based on fundamental equations
- Bachelor of Science in any of the following: General Engineering, Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical, Systems Engineering, Math, Applied Physics or related engineering degree
DESIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & EDUCATION:
- Ten (10) or more years of experience in the Thermal analysis of complex systems that require collaboration of multiple engineering disciplines (such as a weapon system)
- Applied work experience managing a group, leading a small team, or serving as a technical lead
- Current DoD Secret clearance
- Demonstrated experience in leading thermal testing: planning, organization, execution, data reduction and correlation
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work independently and self-starter
- Strong interpersonal skills working in a team environment with positive interaction
- Experience in: Electronic Cooling and Aerodynamic heating analyses
- Experience with solid modeling CAD tool such as Pro-ENGINEER or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written
- Proficiency with engineering workstations running Windows and Office suite
- Master’s or Ph.D. in aforementioned degrees
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status
The Thermal Analyst is responsible for detailed Thermal analysis to support all phases of programs including development and production.
The analyses will cover a wide range of difficult problems, requiring solutions that are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives.
The analysis tasks will span the spectrum from classical hand analyses to detailed analyses requiring the use of finite element analysis software.
As a Thermal Analyst, you will work under general direction and will be expected to define the scope and level of analysis required to meet required objectives and will be held accountable for completing the work within the agreed upon cost and schedule.
Additionally, you will be expected to present their work for peer reviews and to be a peer reviewer for other engineers’ work.
The customers of this position will include internal Raytheon personnel and programs as well as external Government(s) personnel and programs.
You will work with the customer and engineering leadership to define testing required to validate Thermal analyses and to verify that hardware is compliant with requirements.
The Analyst is expected to plan and support tests, perform data reduction and engage in Thermal model correlation.
May travel to government and other facilities in support of program activities
Engineering Design / R&D
Any of the following general engineering aerospace mechanical electrical systems engineering math applied physics or related engineering degree
Sacramento, CA, USA