Principal Product Engineer
at Repligen Corporation
Rancho Dominguez, California, USA - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||27 Aug, 2021||Not Specified||28 Apr, 2021||N/A||Technical Discussions,Manufacturing Processes,Production Implementation,Suppliers,Manufacturing,Project Plans,Biomedical Engineering,Product Management,Accountability,Interpersonal Skills,Risk,Scrap,Process Design,Thermoplastics,Silicones,File Management||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
The Principal Product Engineer will assume full ownership of new product development activities. The work is in a fast paced, high growth environment, with complex and fluid project attributes. Strong interpersonal skills are needed to work effectively with management, suppliers, and customers. The candidate must possess the ability to collaborate with others and lead technical discussions concerning projects and/or schedules.
- Responsible for the design and implementation of products and associated manufacturing processes.
- Collaborate with Product Management to develop new products, from concept to commercialization.
- Work with Manufacturing and Quality to optimize existing product offerings to improve overall quality and performance, while reducing scrap and overall cost.
- Perform project engineering work from initial prototype and process design to production implementation in accordance with engineering specifications and safety requirements.
- Develop, prioritize, and implement project plans.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 10+ years of product development experience in an ISO/GMP environment is required.
- BS in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering is required. MS is preferred.
- Thorough understanding of engineering principles and manufacturing processes is required.
- In depth knowledge of thermoplastics, epoxies, and silicones is desired.
- Understanding of Design Controls and Stage Gate Principles is desired.
- Biopharmaceutical and/or Medical Device development experience is desired.
- Must lead by example and possess a high sense of personal integrity and accountability.
- Must possess high bandwidth and be able to fill multiple roles, as needed.
- Must be proficient with SolidWorks/CAD, MS Office, and electronic file management.
- Regularly work in a clean room and laboratory environment.
- Regularly exposed to chemicals, fumes and/or airborne particles.
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, vibration, and noise.
- Occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Please refer the Job description for details
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
Engineering Design / R&D
Rancho Dominguez, CA, USA