at Nutrien Ltd
Carseland, AB, Canada - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||15 Feb, 2020||Not Specified||12 Oct, 2019||N/A||Good communication skills||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
PROCESS ENGINEER - (CARSELAND, ALBERTA, CANADA)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 20,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
Reporting to the Senior Process Engineering and Process Safety Management Supervisor or to the Operations Superintendent, the Process Engineer will work directly with Operations, Maintenance, Projects and SHE to ensure safe, efficient, and reliable unit performance. The incumbent will analyze and troubleshoot process problems, champion initiatives to correct deficiencies and improve performance, and act as a focal point for provision of technical information to internal and external customers.
- Provide process monitoring as appropriate to identify problems, opportunities, and deficiencies: work to continuously improve safety, production, efficiency, cost and environmental performance
- Provide process engineering support and process design for changes and improvements through the Management of Change (MOC) process, including ownership of changes through to closure
- Provide technical support for capital project development and execution, including up front alternative analysis and recommending design solutions
- Support ongoing Process Safety improvement including developing, updating, and maintaining Safe Operating Limits (SOLs), PSV contingencies, Critical Defeat plans, and PSI (e.g. P&IDs, and PFDs)
- Provide technical engineering support through engineering calculations, updates to heat and material balances, annual emissions calculations, process simulation, etc. as required
- Lead process and environmental incident investigations via structured methodology (e.g. cause mapping, etc.) within area of responsibility, provide engineering calculations or estimates as appropriate, and assist with follow-up action items
- Prepare for and/or participate in unit PHA’s, develop Corrective Action Plans to address required follow-up, and steward completion of Corrective Action Plans as appropriate
- Participate in, and lead as required, risk reviews and assessments to appropriately manage abnormal operating situations
- Provide troubleshooting support, necessary Operational support (such as development of Alternate Energy Isolations), and plant start up and shut down support on an as needed basis
- Identify short and long-term equipment improvement and replacement needs
- Follow all internal discipline specific engineering standards and RAGAGEPs and ensure adherence to applicable regulatory codes and standards
- Maintain a strong safety and environmental compliance focus
- Develop recommendations for continuous improvement to department processes
- Contribute within a team environment and establish strong working relationships with onsite and offsite functional groups to achieve results
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
Engineering Design / R&D
Carseland, AB, Canada