at Weston Foods
Calgary, AB, Canada - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||06 Feb, 2020||Not Specified||08 Oct, 2019||N/A||Good communication skills||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
203 58th Avenue S.E., Calgary, Alberta, T2H 0N8
As we forge ahead in the transformation of our business, we are coming together as a united North American enterprise, rebuilding our asset base, adding significant new capacity, and focusing on the development of our people. These building blocks are essential to moving forward as a growth-focused, insights-driven, consumer-led company that will celebrate food and the central part that food plays in our life.
The Process Engineer (Internally called a Bakery Technologist ) is responsible for providing technical expertise and support to Bakeries on a wide range of subjects, including: quality, waste management, production efficiency, product formulation and design, equipment set-up and productivity standards. Additional tasks may include product development/improvement, ingredient evaluation and identifying cost-savings opportunities.
Travel is required within Western Canada and part of the US, up to 50% at some times.
- Lead troubleshooting in facilities and work with manufacturing teams to reduce quality complaints through the optimization of processes and formulae.
- Investigate and resolve product variations by applying a scientific approach to the variables.
- Improve current processes through innovation and the testing of new technologies.
- Become familiar with every aspect of process and equipment capability in order to distribute knowledge amongst all facilities.
- Provide training and technical support to plants to ensure products meet customer expectations. This will include providing direct training on new technologies and manufacturing processes.
- Identify and support cost savings measures through process optimization, ingredient substitutions and reductions, or formulae optimization.
- Work closely with Product Development to support new product launches as well as the development/improvement of existing products.
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
Engineering Design / R&D
Calgary, AB, Canada