Production Control Intern
Portsmouth, England, United Kingdom - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||13 Mar, 2020||GBP 64 Annual||13 Nov, 2019||N/A||Project Teams,Communication Skills,It||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
AIRBUS DEFENCE AND SPACE LIMITED
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other’s expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Please note, we love your interest in working for Airbus but we do ask that you make only one application. We encourage you to take time to decide which of our exciting opportunities is right for you and then submit an application that best represents you, your skills and experience in connection with the role you have selected.
One application: Make It Possible, Make It Happen, Make It …Count!
Our Internships are open to Undergraduates only. Therefore it is mandatory for candidates to be an undergraduate for the whole duration of the placement.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following;
- Currently studying an IT degree or a Business, Engineering / Production degree with an interest IT
- Good understanding of the Microsoft Office package, specifically excel and Visual Basic knowledge.
- An appreciation of production controls, disciplines and methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as the role is likely to involve working with multiple project teams throughout the year and communicating with other departments.
- Problem solving skills and self-starting attitude
- High attention to detail is required
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
During this internship, the activities you may undertake will include;
- Assisting in the creation, generation and maintenance of key production KPI’s
- Assist in Production Control/ Scheduling activities
- Use of company business tools – ERP and PDM systems
- Leading and supporting improvement projects
- Working with the IT team to help deliver ERP business improvements
- Support in assessing production control/ Shop floor high volume production and automation
IT Software - Other
Portsmouth, United Kingdom