Programme Assistant (Roster)
at World Health Organization
København, Region Hovedstaden, Denmark -
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||20 Dec, 2023||Not Specified||26 Sep, 2023||5 year(s) or above||Databases,Computerized Systems,International Environment,Interpersonal Skills,English,Completion,Higher Education,Russian||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
Contractual Arrangement: Fixed-term appointment
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): Various
Job Posting: Sep 21, 2023, 5:08:26 AM
Closing Date: Dec 20, 2023, 4:59:00 PM
Primary Location: Denmark-Copenhagen
Organization: EU/BOS Division of Business Operations
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
FUNCTIONAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Proficiency in the use of standard office computer software, note taking and operation of computerized systems and databases.
Sound interpersonal skills and flexibility. Ability to adapt to competing priorities.
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Emotional intelligence; Ability to identify and manage one’s own emotions, as well as helping others to do the same.
Essential: Completion of secondary school or equivalent.
Desirable: Relevant higher education or post-secondary school courses in a field relevant to the position.
Essential: At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in the secretarial/administrative field.
Desirable: Experience in an international environment or institution. Relevant experience in WHO or in the UN.
Essential: Excellent knowledge of English is required.
Desirable: Working knowledge of either French, German or Russian is an advantage.
PURPOSE OF POST AND SUMMARY OF ASSIGNED DUTIES
As part of a unit team, the incumbent provides support in the day-to-day programme, financial and administrative functions in the support of a project/programme or a technical unit.
Reporting to and under supervision of the responsible Officer and in collaboration with other support staff of the Division the incumbent provides support functions in programme, financial, and administrative related areas.
- On own initiative draft routine correspondence, and upon instructions and guidance draft correspondence of a non-routine character; finalize correspondence/reports for signature; analyze incoming correspondence and requests, researching, obtaining and attaching background information where required, or redirecting them as appropriate, drawing the attention of the supervisor or other senior staff concerned to urgent items and deadlines. Revises unit correspondence, reports, and documents for proper form and (non-technical) content.
- Monitor implementation and alert supervisor on issues of compliance with work plans, financial rules and regulations and award agreements. Assembles draft background for planning, monitoring and evaluation exercises. Inputs duty travel recommendations and issues reminders re follow up, records project/programme monitoring and evaluation notes.
- Makes administrative arrangements for country and inter country activities including preparation of various committal documents related to procurement of goods and services, arrangements of study tours and duty travel in accordance with the approved programme budget/collaborative programmes with countries.
- Provide administrative and logistical assistance in the context of the organization of meetings (working groups, seminars/courses, workshops, and symposia), i.e.: makes administrative preparations, including organization of practical local arrangements, advance transport of documents/equipment and hospitality. Provides administrative and secretarial support during the meetings and pays per diem to participants if required. Prepares administrative reports.
- Establishes and maintains the unit’s filing system of technical documents and correspondence. Creates background files and compiles reference material as appropriate. Accesses and retrieves information from relevant databases and updates as required.
- Responds to and acts on telephone enquiries. Assesses the critical nature of technical enquiries and refers them to appropriate staff for reply. Coordinates appointments for supervisor and organizes programmes for visitors.
- Provides briefing and guidance to all staff on general office practices and procedures; assists/replaces colleagues in the team; takes minutes in meetings.
- Perform other related duties as required or instructed, including providing support to other areas of work as assigned.
HR / Administration / IR
A field relevant to the position