Prospect Research Analyst
at Regis College
Weston, Massachusetts, USA - 02493
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||05 Nov, 2022||Not Specified||06 Aug, 2022||2 year(s) or above||Spelling,Customer Service Skills,Electronic Databases,Color,Communication Skills,Interpersonal Skills,Citizenship,Analytical Skills,Relationship Building,Affirmative Action,Membership||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
Under direction of the Vice President of Institutional Advancement, the Prospect Research Analyst will serve as a strategic partner for the frontline fundraising staff by collaborating on strategies, providing identification and research support, and tracking outreach activity. This position will proactively identify and qualify potential prospects to expand fundraiser portfolios and responds to ad hoc research requests from fundraisers.
- This position requires a minimum of 2 years of experience and a bachelor’s degree. Experience in either prospect research or prospect management is preferred.
- Familiarity with a broad range of research techniques, including print-based and internet research, searching electronic databases and the use of other appropriate sources and methods.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills with an emphasis on relationship building.
- Must be tactful, discreet, and diplomatic as well as having the ability to sensitively deal with confidential information.
- The ability to work independently as well as collaborate with teammates and work with frontline staff in a team-oriented approach.
- Superior organizational, project management and analytical skills.
- Honesty and trustworthiness, an even disposition, and the ability to interact effectively, politely, and efficiently with people from all backgrounds.
- Manage and prioritize the needs of multiple clients as well as meet frequent deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong editing, spelling, and grammar skills. Effectively and efficiently communicate with co-workers.
- The ability to anticipate needs and show initiative in managing and promoting new projects.
- Ability to uphold the University’s commitment to inclusive excellence in a diverse educational community.
- Proactively identify and qualify prospects using data mining and other prospecting techniques to build a strong pipeline with a focus on assessing giving capacity, identifying connections to Regis College, and suggesting assignment recommendations.
- Conduct research on individuals, corporations and foundations using a wide variety of prospect research resources. Prepare confidential biographical and financial profiles for members of the development team, trustee leadership and key volunteers.
- Support the research needs of assigned fundraisers and fundraising teams.
- Assist frontline fundraising staff in prioritizing and maintaining prospect portfolios through recurring one-on-one portfolio review meetings and collaborative prospect strategy.
- Facilitate prospect assignments or removal from portfolios. As needed, create portfolios for new staff and reassign portfolios for departing staff.
- Maintain accurate and current information on prospects and donors in the database for use by all development staff.
- Track and disseminate news and information pertaining to top donors and prospects
- Monitor requests sent to the Prospect Research email inbox.
- Aid in the management of the Prospect Research budget, including the timely processing of vendor invoices.
- Assist with internal and external meeting coordination, preparation and follow up, as needed.
- Design and manage prospect strategy meetings with assigned fundraisers.
- Continuously develop fundraising knowledge and professional skills through internal and external trainings, webinars, and participation in professional organizations.
- Participate in Institutional Advancement events and projects as deemed necessary to support the broader goals of the department.
- Performs other related duties as required
HR / Administration / IR
Weston, MA, USA