at Retirement Concepts
Chilliwack, BC, Canada - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||14 Mar, 2020||Not Specified||14 Dec, 2019||2 year(s) or above||It,Supervisory Skills||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
Reporting to the Business Service Manager and/or designate the Recreation Coordinator is accountable for all aspects of the Recreation Department. The Recreation Coordinator assesses each client’s recreational, social and spiritual needs and plans, develops, implements, evaluates and works to meet those needs. In addition, the Recreation Coordinator develops and manages the Recreation Department budget (in consultation with the Business Service Manager). Acts as a professional role model for staff and promotes the Recreation Department within the facility and the community at large.
- Graduation from a recognized Recreational Program.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a geriatric setting preferred.
- A valid BC Class (4) Driving License preferred.
- Level 1 First Aid.
- Current Serving it Right Certification mandatory.
- Food Safe Level 1 certification.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to initiate programs and organize activities.
- Good physical and emotional health with capabilities that is compatible with walking, stooping, bending, lifting heavy objects and pushing heavy carts. Must be free from any allergies or related conditions that may be aggravated by working with pets.
- Ability to communicate and establish harmonious relationships with residents, families, volunteers, and visitors of the facility.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills and experience.
- Excellent written and oral English skills
- Develops, coordinates and carries out recreation programs that meet the emotional, psychological, physical, social and spiritual needs of all residents.
- Oversees the volunteer program at the facility including the recruitment, training, placement and recognition of all volunteers.
- Liaisons with community agencies, groups and individuals to augment programs and promote the facility within the community.
- Develops and distributes a monthly recreation program calendar to all clients.
- Organizes, Coordinates, Transports the tenants to and from the facility for outside events, shopping trips, etc.
- Evaluates the Recreation Programs by conducting audits on a regular basis and wherever necessary responds to the audit findings and adjust the recreation program accordingly.
- On a regular basis attends in-service and education sessions to continually upgrade professional skills.
- Oversees the Facility Tenant Council as required including coordination of meetings and acting as a liaison.
- Oversees and updates standards, procedures and Recreation records in order to maintain an organized and efficient department.
- Ensures the ongoing maintenance of all activity equipment and supplies and provides documentation of the same.
- Maintains a current knowledge of administrative and emergency policies and procedures and participates in fire evacuations drills.
- Maintains the resident activity charges including a monthly summary and reconciliation.
- Oversees the monthly Activity ledger record by recording, balancing and providing a monthly breakdown of activity expenses, as well as verifying bank statements.
- On an as needed basis, run errands on behalf of the Department in order to ensure its smooth operation.
Pharma / Biotech / Healthcare / Medical / R&D
Chilliwack, BC, Canada