Respect, Diversity, & Inclusion Coordinator
at British Columbia Institute of Technology BCIT
Burnaby, BC, Canada - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||07 Feb, 2020||Not Specified||08 Nov, 2019||3 year(s) or above||Project Management Skills,Completion,Office Administration,Powerpoint,Rights Issues,Excel,Social Sciences||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
At BCIT, we champion diversity of experiences, ideas, cultures and perspectives, to foster a community in which equality and inclusivity are embedded in everything we do. We embrace endless innovation, ignited by imagination and creativity, to improve our approaches, opportunities and outcomes. We strive to achieve excellence in everything we do, to accomplish real, measurable results. We believe in the power of collaboration to amplify our efforts and begin every interaction with a foundation of respect for others’ expertise, insights and inherent worth. Our overall vision is to empower people, share BC, and inspire global progress. If this resonates with you, come join our team as we continue to provide practical education for a complex world.
BCIT Campus Mediation And Conflict Resolution Service is seeking a regular, full-time Harassment And Discrimination Coordinator. This position provides a broad range of support activities to the Harassment and Discrimination (H&D) Prevention Office. As part of a team, the incumbent in this position helps the BCIT community in developing a respectful working and learning environment where conflict is resolved through dialogue and discussion, an atmosphere in which individual differences are respected and harassment and discrimination are not tolerated.
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in communication, business administration, social sciences or law.
- Three to five years of direct, relevant experience supporting the advancement of equity, diversity and inclusion practices.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Interest in and commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion issues and human rights issues.
- Experience interacting with highly agitated and emotional people.
- Experience handling sensitive and confidential material.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication (both oral and written) skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to interact effectively with a diverse range of individuals (staff, faculty, students and managers) at every level of BCIT.
- Strong office administration and managerial support experience.
- Ability to take initiative, to work independently, as well as collaboratively in a team.
- Effective time and project management skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Office Administration:
- Serves as the first point of contact for the H&D Office; provides preliminary information as appropriate, refers to H&D Prevention Specialist and/or Advisor where appropriate; refers to other services/resources if the inquiry is outside the scope of the H&D Office.
- Arranges consultation appointments with H&D Prevention Specialist or Advisor as necessary.
- Maintains confidential filing system for sensitive information and adheres to records management guidelines including disposition and retention of files.
- Maintains spreadsheet of H&D activity including current complaints, consultations, training sessions, etc.
- Collates monthly and yearly statistics for use in reports.
- Monitors office supplies and places orders as necessary.
- Submits requests to Facilities and/or Logistics departments as necessary.
- Books all travel arrangements for H&D Prevention Advisor and Specialist, as necessary.
- Awareness and Education:
- Fully coordinates Be More Than a Bystander (BMTAB) and Respectful Workplace training sessions.
- Coordinates other ad-hoc training requests, e.g., Gender Diversity and Inclusion, Respectful Workplace Refreshers, Set Rep training, BMTAB community of practice sessions, etc.
- Assembles and formats training materials including PowerPoint presentations.
- Liaises with Marketing and Communications department in creating promotional material for H&D Prevention Office as necessary.
- Provides information about H&D services at various events, e.g. Pink Shirt Day, KickStart, Part-Time Studies instructors information session, etc.
- Committees Support:
- Takes minutes for H&D Steering Committee and Diversity and Inclusion Committee.
- Coordinates agenda, electronic meeting invitations, room bookings, etc. for H&D Steering
- Committee and Diversity and Inclusion Committee.
- Financial Services Assistance:
- Reconciles monthly purchase card statements.
- Creates and submits expense and travel claims.
- Runs expenses reports and other financial reports as necessary on a monthly basis.
- Special Projects Assistance:
- Conducts research on human rights issues, equity, diversity and inclusion issues as needed.
- Conducts research, collects data from both internal and external sources, compiles and synthesizes data and interprets results in order to prepare reports, as requested.
- Reviews BCIT’s H&D website and implements improvements, ongoing maintenance of H&D website content.
- Supports other projects and initiatives as needed.
HR / Administration / IR
Communication business administration social sciences or law
Burnaby, BC, Canada