Respiratory Therapist I - Per Diem - Shift
at Kern County Hospital Authority
Bakersfield, California, USA - 93301
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||11 Dec, 2020||Not Specified||11 Sep, 2020||N/A||Respiratory Therapy||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
Kern Medical has been a community cornerstone since its founding in 1867. Today, we are an acute care teaching center with 222 beds, offering the only advanced trauma care between Fresno and Los Angeles. Kern Medical cares for 15,500 inpatients and 125,000 clinic patients a year.
- Per Diem employees supplement department staffing needs, with no guarantee of minimum hours.
- Per Diem minimum scheduling expectation is one (1) shift per four week schedule.
Position: Respiratory Therapist I - Per Diem - Shift
- Administers IPPB therapy.
- Performs humidity and aerosol therapy.
- Administers medical gas and pulmonary drainage procedures.
- Performs cardiorespiratory resuscitation.
- Administers aerosolized drugs.
- Provides continuous mechanical ventilation; maintains artificial airways.
- Performs bedside lung function studies.
- Performs incentive spirometry.
- Cleans and prepares equipment.
- Implements infection control and demonstrates knowledge of aseptic techniques.
- Responds to emergency calls throughout the hospital.
- Documents care given; maintains records of treatment given; generates necessary documents for charges or record keeping.
- Dependent upon area of practice or department assignments, demonstrates clinical knowledge and skill in the care of the newborn, infant, toddler, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient ranging up to 100+ years of age.
Pharma / Biotech / Healthcare / Medical / R&D
Oral Healthcare Services
Bakersfield, CA, USA