at Kettering University
Flint, Michigan, USA - 48504
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||26 Feb, 2020||Not Specified||27 Nov, 2019||3 year(s) or above||Security,Stressful Situations,Partnerships,Ethics,Stairs,Accountability,Teamwork,Law Enforcement,Criminal Justice,Endurance||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
OTHER POSITION INFORMATION
About Kettering: Kettering University is a national leader in experiential STEM and business education, integrating an intense academic curriculum with applied professional experience. We inspire students to realize their potential and advance their ideas by combining theory and practice better than any institution in the world. Kettering University is dedicated to achieving the extraordinary through technological innovation, leadership, and service, built on values that foster respect, integrity, creativity, collaboration, and excellence in growth, global leadership, community outreach, and an engaged community of stakeholders.
BENEFITS include health, dental and vision coverage; retirement benefits with up to a 9% Kettering matching contribution; life and accident insurance; tuition assistance and waiver programs; vacation and holiday pay; sick and disability pay; home purchase assistance program; recreation center membership; and many other benefits.
- Associate degree in Criminal Justice
JOB SPECIFIC REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Minimum of three years’ experience working in safety, security, law enforcement or related field strongly preferred;
- Prior training in emergency response including first aid and CPR, de-escalating stressful situations, and dealing with trespassers strongly preferred;
- Understanding and commitment to Kettering University Values:
a. RESPECT: for teamwork, honesty, encouragement, diversity, partnerships with students.
b. INTEGRITY: including accountability, transparency and ethics.
c. CREATIVITY: fostering flexibility and innovation.
d. COLLABORATION: across disciplines and with all partners.
e. EXCELLENCE: in all we do.
- Strong interpersonal communications skills and ability to actively and respectfully engage college students, employees, campus guests, and local community members;
- Ability to remain calm and use sound independent judgment in challenging situations that arise, including responding to medical emergencies, dealing with campus trespassers, alerting constituents regarding severe weather conditions, etc.;
- Ability to accurately track and record detailed information related to job duties, including incident reports, status of facility conditions, etc.;
- Ability to reliably perform assigned duties in accordance with established policies and procedures;
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including traditional holidays and any of the three work shifts as needed;
- Willingness to participate in ongoing professional development training;
- Possession of a valid driver’s license with no serious driving violations.
- Ability to pass a physical evaluation. Must have physical stamina and endurance to respond to all incidents and emergencies throughout campus in a safe manner. This may include running short distances and lifting and maneuvering heavy objects or adult persons;
Normal range of vision and hearing (with or without correction)
This includes the ability to climb stairs in a timely manner, and patrol on foot.
- Ability to pass a drug screening.
- Perform all duties in the context of True Kettering values and in a service oriented manner that promotes a safe environment on campus and in nearby surrounding area.
- Respond to emergency situations in accordance with University policies and procedures.
- Participate in training sessions provided for officers.
- Communicate as appropriate with other team members, supervisors, and the campus in a timely, effective, and respectful manner.
- Follow Campus Safety guidelines and procedures as set forth by the University.
- Promote visibility of the Campus Safety team on and around the campus, including engaging employees and students in friendly conversation, adjusting patrol routes to better coincide with periods of high pedestrian traffic, selecting any stationary observation sites so as to be noticed, and keeping patrol vehicle(s) in active patrol mode as much as possible.
- Assist in educating students and employees regarding safety measures.
- Assist in developing best practices in carrying out duties.
- Remain observant at all times to the physical environment and related conditions relative to safety issues.
- Use surveillance systems in monitoring safety conditions on and around the campus in accordance with protocol and instructions from Director of Campus Safety.
- Perform desk duties including answering the phone, responding to walk-in inquiries, operating radio system, monitoring weather conditions, dispatching and/or alerting other officers regarding safety related situations or conditions that arise, and disbursing parking permits.
- Perform walking patrol duties including checking facility security, locking and unlocking doors in accordance with schedules and requests, reporting potentially hazardous conditions, watching for and reporting suspicious activities, assisting students, reporting maintenance issues, watching for and/or confronting trespassers, and responding to dispatches from desk officer.
- Periodically inspect fire suppression and monitoring systems, including fire extinguishers.
- Perform vehicular patrol duties including checking key locations on and about the campus, reporting potentially hazardous conditions, watching for and reporting suspicious activities, assisting students, reporting maintenance issues, watching for and/or confronting trespassers, responding to dispatches from desk officer.
- Monitor compliance with parking and traffic regulations and issue citations as appropriate.
- Greet and assist guests to the campus in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Assist students, employees, and guests with routine vehicle needs, such as assistance in jump starting a vehicle or calling for a tow truck.
- Cooperate with local police department and safety teams of nearby institutions in promoting a safe environment on and around the campus area.
- Observe, gather, and record details of any safety related incidents and file incident reports in a timely and efficient manner.
- Direct traffic and parking activity on campus for special events.
- Assist the Admissions Office staff in facilitating parking for visitors to the campus, including the placement of signs and parking cones as needed.
- Perform other safety and security related duties as assigned by the Director of Campus Safety.
Teaching / Education
Flint, MI, USA