School Age Educator- Part time
at YMCA of Western Ontario
Windsor, ON, Canada - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||26 Jun, 2020||USD 2 Hourly||13 Jul, 2019||2 year(s) or above||Children||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
- School Age Educators are responsible for providing quality before and after school care for children age three to twelve. Educators will deliver a play based, living curriculum in a safe, positive environment. The position reports to the Site Supervisor and Site Director and maintains positive, respectful working relationships with the school principal, all school staff, Centre staff, including other program and administrative staff and Community Partners working with the program. Placement of employees can be at various school age programs, which are licensed through the Ministry of Education and therefore subject to
the rules and regulations as stipulated in the Child Care and Early Years Act.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Current successful Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Applicants must have a reliable vehicle and valid drivers license
- Priority will be given to applicants with an ECE diploma, Child and Youth worker or Recreation Leadership Diploma or equivalents
- Minimum 2 years experience working with children
- Current Standard CPR/Standard First Aid certification provided by a WSIB approved agency
- Educators will design inclusive learning activities that follow the YMCA Playing to Learn Curriculum (JK/SK) and A Place to Connect Curriculum (Grades 1-6), ensuring that all areas of development are addressed on a daily basis.
- Demonstrates Y values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility on a daily basis.
- Maintain accurate records regarding activities and required documentations.
- Liaise with parents, school principal and school staff, as well as community contacts in a professional manner at all times.
- Continuous practice of clean culture, ensuring classroom and cart are clean, organized and professional looking at all times. All areas of the classroom must be child ready during program hours – all activities are available to children during the program, and thoughtful invitations to play and learning centers are evident.
- Program plans are completed accurately and reflect the children’s interests.
- Implement and practice on a daily basis, the YMCA of Southwestern Ontario Program Statement.
- Utilize age appropriate child coaching and mentoring techniques in all interactions with the children.
- Ensure the program policies and procedures, as well as the day to day operation, are in accordance with the regulations of the Child Care and Early Years Act.
- Ensure compliance with the policies and procedures of the YMCA of Southwestern Ontario, including Health and Safety, Child Protection and Risk Management.
- Follow the Public Health and Fire Regulations/Requirements.
- Ability to evaluate program quality as required utilizing the National Curriculum audit tool.
Educators will be required to lift up to 60 lbs (children and/or activity equipment) at various times within a day, and must be capable of actively supporting and supervising children indoors and outdoors on a variety of surfaces, play structures, and in all seasonal elements. Medical clearance may be required to support this requirement.
Teaching / Education
Windsor, ON, Canada