Screening Mammography Technician
at Vancouver Coastal Health
North Vancouver, BC, Canada - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||01 Dec, 2020||USD 37 Hourly||01 Sep, 2020||N/A||Information Systems,Operational Requirements,Digital Imaging,External Agencies,Professional Associations,Image Archiving,Collaboration,Writing,Mammography,Computer Skills||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
COME WORK AS A SCREENING MAMMOGRAPHY TECHNOLOGIST WITH VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Screening Mammography Technologist to join the Breast Health Program team at the Screening Mammogram Program British Columbia in Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver’s North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and “going first” when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Current Certification with the CAMRT.
- Successful completion of CAMRT Mammography 1 or equivalent.
- One year’s recent, related experience in Mammography procedures.
KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
- Demonstrated knowledge of the standards of practice and guidelines for Medical Imaging practitioners established by the CAMRT and/or other relevant national professional associations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of evidence-based practice related to designated modality.
- Demonstrated knowledge of organization policies, procedures and standards of care, including practice of safe work procedures with modality equipment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Demonstrated knowledge of PACS/Radiology Information Systems, i.e. digital imaging, image archiving and retrieval.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) and deal effectively with clients and their families, coworkers, physicians, other health care staff and staff of external agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with and/or guide others in resolution of conflict issues.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and establish workload priorities in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated computer skills with current computer applications.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Please refer the Job description for details
Pharma / Biotech / Healthcare / Medical / R&D
North Vancouver, BC, Canada