Senior Asset Consultant (Mechanical)
at BuroHappold Engineering
Bath, England, United Kingdom - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||04 Jul, 2022||Not Specified||05 Apr, 2022||N/A||Mobility,Communication Skills,Mechanical Systems,Technical Reports||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
READY FOR A NEW CHALLENGE?
Buro Happold are recruiting a Senior Asset Consultant (Mechanical) to join our Bath based team.
This role would suit an experienced Mechanical Engineer with strong consulting skills and a genuine interest in solving complex M&E problems.
We proudly support hybrid working and welcome colleagues into our office 2-3 days a week.
Your responsibilities will be highly varied, but can typically be expected to comprise of…
- Providing mechanical design expertise to clients in a wide variety of contexts;
- Meeting clients, other professionals and contractors;
- Supporting business development activity for the asset consultancy discipline and wider practice where appropriate;
- Developing strategic, technically based reports and plans to present directly to clients and end-users;
- Taking ownership for client relationships with end-users, developers, contractors, etc.
- Preparation of condition surveys, forward maintenance plans, dilapidation schedules, defect analyses, system diagnostics reports, schedules of condition and the monitoring of the subsequent works processes;
- Provide business, technical, maintenance, operational and energy audits and, or studies based upon conventional and alternative energy sources for individual or groups of buildings;
- Demonstrate awareness of sustainable construction, operations and maintenance;
- Preparation of Employer’s Requirements and Developer’s Specifications for new buildings, building refurbishment, renovation, remodelling, engineering services and allied systems and the monitoring of project works;
- Organising resources and ensuring that services and projects are carried out to an agreed programme and within budget;
- Contribute to Buro Happold wide initiatives with respect to technical development / market sectors and processes
This role would suit an experienced building services engineer with strong client-facing skills. Typical candidates can be expected to demonstrate…
- Experience in building services consultancy, with a mechanical bias.
- Excellent technical knowledge of mechanical systems; ability to investigate, identify and provide solutions to technical problems;
- Excellent client-facing and communication skills (verbal and written), with experience presenting (you will often be required to present solutions directly to ‘c-suite’ level stakeholders)
- Experience in the preparation of technical reports for delivery direct to a client audience
- Ability to problem solve and propose multiple solutions to Clients and objectively summarise the benefits and shortfalls of each.
- Bachelors degree (BEng) / BSc or Masters degree (MEng) / MSc that meets the engineering academic requirements for chartership.
- Mobility to travel at short notice
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
Engineering Design / R&D
Bath, United Kingdom