Senior Buyer/ Planner
at OZ Optics Ltd
Ottawa, ON, Canada - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||23 Oct, 2019||Not Specified||24 Jul, 2019||10 year(s) or above||Communications,Cpp,Materials Management||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
To procure material, capital equipment, and services for production, engineering, facilities, or operating requirements that meets OZ standards of acceptability, within the specified time frame and at the most favorable price. Also acts as the Materials Department liaison for major OEM production orders.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and/or Diploma in Bus. Admin. or Materials Management at the community college level plus PMAC accreditation as CPP is considered an asset.
Minimum of 10 years related experience.
- Initiates complex and protracted negotiations opportunities on a regular basis and demonstrates a high level of success.
- Communications, oral and written, demonstrate a highly developed and effective command of language skills.
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- related: 10 years (Preferred)
- Locate/identify potential sources of supply appropriate to the scope and nature of the company’s requirement.
- Prepare and issue quotation requests (RFQ’s or RFP’s, as appropriate), which shall include the proposed Terms and Conditions (T’s & C’s) under which an order would be placed and with a representative requirements specification.
- Analyze responses to RFQ/RFP’s and select supplier(s) for purchase order (PO) award based on evaluation of price, quality and delivery expectations.
- Rationalize, with appropriate internal personnel, any price, delivery and technical issues where cost targets or requisitioner needs/ expectations are exceeded or deviated from.
- Negotiate and place purchase orders after satisfactory resolution of the above items, in accordance with company purchasing policy.
- Administer open orders to ensure milestones are met or mutually agreed changes are incorporated and appropriately liaise between end users and suppliers to negotiate and satisfactorily resolve any changes initiated by either party.
- Author detailed written communications to both internal and external contacts. In addition to routine reports and correspondence, compose complex terms and conditions, purchase agreements, statements of work, Letters of Intent (LOI’s), blanket orders, and analytical reports such as cost benefit, market trends, etc.
- Assume role of company’s prime contact with all levels of suppliers’ management in maintaining the business relationship. Take the lead in all discussions/negotiations regarding critical delivery issues; technical problems; resolve independently and accept accountability for the outcome.
Purchase / Logistics / Supply Chain
Business Administration, Administration, Business
Ottawa, ON, Canada