Senior IES Software Engineer
at National Instruments
Lagunilla, Provincia de Heredia, Costa Rica - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||11 Feb, 2020||Not Specified||12 Nov, 2019||N/A||Engineers,Platforms,Computer Science,Integrated Systems,Availability,Design Principles,Challenging Environment,Teams,Software Development,Communication Skills,Programming Languages||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
IES SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Senior Software Integration Engineer
The National Instruments Integration Engineering Services team has an immediate opening for a Senior Software/Systems Engineer. In this role, you will work in the design, development, and deployment of integrated customer solutions, providing technical leadership to the development team and execution excellence to the project.
- Strong understanding of electrical engineering, electronics & computer architectures
- Demonstrated success and experience using high-level programming languages (LabVIEW, TestStand, C/C++ and others)
- Experience developing large-scale integrated systems.
- Proven expertise in processes to ensure quality and predictability for software development.
- Thorough understanding of systems design principles.
- Ability to identify and solve system engineering problems.
- Excellent communication skills and experience working directly with customers, engineers, and business stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, changing and challenging environment.
- Service oriented attitude
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Lead and work effectively with teams
- Problem-solve effectively - diagnose technical issues and propose effective solutions
- Take initiative, be a self-starter, and work independently
- Persistently drive tasks and lead projects to successful completion
- Quickly learn applicable technology, systems, and products
- Advanced English level
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in software development, and system integration and/or test and measurements industry
- Technical lead experience
- Availability to travel +/25% of the time
- In-depth technical knowledge of NI products and platforms. (plus)
Primary Location: CR-CR-Lagunilla
Work Locations: Costa Rica - Heredia Zona Franca Ultra Park II Edificio 3, piso 4 Lagunilla
Job: Systems Design/Architecture
Business Unit: Services
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Standard
Job Posting: Nov 8, 2019, 3:45:09 P
- Accurately identify customer needs and provide estimates for integrated system solutions.
- Interact with customers, NI staff, external partners and external suppliers in support of designing, implementing, and sustaining custom test solutions
- High-level collaborative design of integrated solutions.
- Manage and give direction to the development team.
- Ensure that adherence to development processes and best practices.
- Review work quality and provide mentorship to other engineers.
- Design and develop software frameworks to be leveraged by multiple projects.
- Work with Project Managers to find optimal technical solutions to project challenges.
- Responsible for all technical deliverables for given project
IT Software - Application Programming / Maintenance
Computer Science, Electrical, Electrical Engineering, Engineering
Lagunilla, Provincia de Heredia, Costa Rica