Senior Legal Counsel
at Independence Group
Australia, , Australia - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||24 Dec, 2020||Not Specified||24 Sep, 2020||N/A||It,Communication Skills,Legal Requirements||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
At IGO, our people are important to us. We are bold, passionate, fearless and fun – a smarter, kinder, and more innovative team. We come from a range of places, backgrounds and experience and we are excited about what we can achieve together. When you join us, we will invest in your career and your development, to help you achieve your goals, now and into the future. That is the IGO difference.
Along with a positive attitude and willingness to contribute to being part of a team, it is essential that you hold a suitably relevant tertiary qualification from a recognised tertiary institution, significant experience in a Senior role within a private practice or an in-house legal firm with solid knowledge of legal requirements, process, and a general understanding of mining operations.
A trusted advisor within the organisation, priding yourself on your outstanding communication skills, both written & verbal with the ability to communicate comfortably at all levels, both internally and externally, you will be used to working to deadlines with high attention to detail.
We are excited to offer an unique opportunity for a highly skilled Senior Legal Counsel to join our Corporate team, where you will be required to provide legal advice and legal risk management on a broad range of matters including mining law, native title and heritage and corporate law.
Reporting to and providing support to the company General Counsel, key responsibilities will also include:
- Working as a key member of the Corporate legal team to ensure strategic, high quality, timely and cost effective legal advice;
- Engaging with external legal and commercial advisors as requested by General Counsel;
- Reviewing contracts and providing legal advice to internal stakeholders;
- Providing corporate services and legal advice relating to Corporate business development projects;
- Providing legal services in relation to Native Title, land access and heritage matters, ;
- Administering all legal matters pertaining to tenements or land management assisting with tenement management and Wardens Court matters.; and Maintaining and updating legal contracts register.