Manchester, England, United Kingdom - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||27 Oct, 2022||Not Specified||28 Jul, 2022||N/A||Turn,It||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
Here at Pretty Little Thing, we strive to fly the flag for love, equality, and acceptance, working to use our platform to spread nothing but good vibes. Regardless of race, gender, sexuality, style or budget – there’s something for everyone! We want our customers to feel confident in the way they dress and to embrace the way they look. #EveryBODYinPLT is our community that is all about body positivity, equality and supporting each other.
MORE ABOUT YOU
- Be either an established merchandiser who is ready to step up to a senior level or is already at a senior merchandiser level
- Thrives in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, pro-actively seeking to understand the wider business environment in which our business operates
- Ideally already has experience working is a fast fashion environment
- Is always an ambassador for the brand.
- Attends training, meetings and other events as requested by senior management and the HR function
Reporting in to both the Head of Merchandising and Merchandising manager, you will be responsible for managing multiple product categories with direct responsibility for managing the teams working across these areas. You will oversee and be responsible for the successful planning, strategy and budget for these areas, with a key focus on trading.
You will support the Merchandising senior management team in ensuring that the stock-file is effectively controlled within the agreed business strategy, and that all necessary frameworks and controls are in situ to enable the necessary degree of both planning and in season trading to maximize business performance.
To support the merchandising function in ensuring that all relevant stakeholders have accurate data which can directly, proactively and consistently inform decisions relating to maximizing profitability and contributing to overall business strategy and growth.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Overseeing and driving the planning and forecasting of product category budgets, option counts, and depth of buy based on the overall business and financial goals of the company.
- Manages and ensures that each product area is effectively and accurately forecasting sales, stock and intakes through use of the WSSI and other forecasting tools. Oversee and be responsible for the monthly WSSI forecast sign off meetings that each product areas presents to the senior management team. Provides clarity to current opportunities and risks, providing effective plans of action. Ensures that the teams capture all agreed actions and effectively feed back to the senior management team upon completion of these actions. Effectively controls and ensures that all product categories sitting under their remit comply and work within the budgets and buy plans agreed with the senior management team.
- Reviews and signs off all weekly pricing and markdown actions taken by their respective product categories before submitting to the merchandising manager
- Represent and support the merchandising teams you manage in presenting weekly trade, end of-season lessons learnt and all other strategy and trading updates
- Supplies the Head of Merchandising and Merchandising Manager with necessary data to enable informed decisions and planning upon request.
- Work closely with the senior buying team to ensure that the merchandising and buying teams for each product category are working in situ to deliver the overall business and financial goals of the company.
- Manages the critical path in situ with their relevant buying teams, ensuring that all team deadlines are met
- Liaises and works closely with the supply base, building strong working relationships. Demonstrates a consistent strategic view of the supply base feeding back to the senior management team and opportunities or risks within the supply base from a lead time, production capacity and delivery conformance perspective
- Monitors and maintains buying margin and gross profit margins as requested.
- Recommends and feeds in to promotional and marketing strategy
- Ensures that all category best sellers reach their full potential and that each area delivers maximum availability of stocks
Team, Processes and department Development:
- Always strives to improve the department’s operation and increase knowledge of own and related job functions.
- Is aware of current and emerging best practice within merchandising/buying and makes recommendations to the business via both the Head of Merchandising and Merchandising Manager as appropriate.
- Manage and mentor more junior members of staff, facilitating internal promotions and strengthening of the team. Work closely with the merchandising manager on developing strong succession plans, team strategy and overall team development. Effectively manage the workload of their teams.
- Assists both the Merchandising Manager and HR function with recruitment and continued growth of the team
- Actively looks to take on further responsibilities outside of their main product categories, working closely with the merchandising manager to identify other areas of work they can drive and support with (projects and wider-function responsibilities
Communication and relationship building:
- Builds effective and open relationships with all members of the buying and merchandising team, based on reliable, accurate and relevant data.
- Ensures productive relationship between merchandising function and all other business areas to ensure goals achieved, specifically with the buying, business intelligence, marketing, accounts teams and warehousing teams.
- Delivers key information at the right time, to the right people, and presents when necessary at high level meetings as requested by the Director’s (in absence of Head of Merchandising or Merchandising Manager)
Fashion / Garments / Merchandising
Manchester, United Kingdom