Senior Mining Engineer / Alt UG Manager
at Ramelius Resources Ltd
Geraldton, Western Australia, Australia - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||23 Oct, 2022||Not Specified||24 Jul, 2022||N/A||Good communication skills||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
Ramelius Resources is a successful ASX200 listed gold producer with six operations here in Western Australia. Our gold mines include Edna May, Mt Magnet, Marda, Vivien, Tampia and the Penny mine which has now commenced mining activities. We continue to increase our Life of Mine profile through discovery, development and strategic acquisitions including the exciting acquisition of the Rebecca gold project. Our values are to empower our people who work with a can-do approach to achieve fit for purpose outcomes, efficiently. We deliver, do it safely and are credible, reliable and safety focussed. As a team, we act with authenticity and are honest and respectful.
The historic Mount Magnet operation is located 500km north of Perth in the Murchison Goldfield. Acquired by Ramelius in 2010, the mining area incorporates multiple underground and open pit mines and a 1.9kt processing plant.
The Underground Mining team have a Senior Mining Engineer (Alternate UG Manager) opportunity reporting to the Underground Manager. This is a permanent opportunity FIFO from Perth or DIDO from Geraldton working on an 8 days on ,6 days off roster on day shift only.
As a leader on site, you will:
- Review and approve production schedules and medium-term planning for the mine.
- Lead the small engineering team to develop their operational skills and knowledge.
- Prepare plans for tunnels and chambers, location and construction of mine shafts, layout of mine development and the application of appropriate mining techniques.
- Shape the processes and contribute to improvements in relation to safe production targets for the Mount Magnet operation.
- Prepare operational and other project cost estimates and report progress, output and costs compared to the budget.
- Investigate and lead effective improvements projects for mining activities.
- Contribute your experience and knowledge to improving production output against the budget and guidance.
- Lead primary infrastructure projects/upgrades to ensure mining continuity and continuous improvements.
How To Apply:
Incase you would like to apply to this job directly from the source, please click here
- Tertiary level Mining Engineering degree. (mandatory)
- First Class Mine Managers Certificate of Competency. (mandatory)
- Competence and confidence to lead the underground team in production, ventilation, planning and scheduling activities.
- Experience with managing contract mining service providers.
- Prior Western Australian gold industry experience will be highly regarded.
- Be competent using Surpac and EPS scheduling software for scheduling and engineering deliverables.
- A West Australian C class driver’s license (manual) and the ability to obtain a National Police Clearance for site access clearance purposes
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
Site Engineering / Project Management
Geraldton WA, Australia