Senior SharePoint Developer
Mississauga, ON, Canada - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||01 Aug, 2019||Not Specified||03 May, 2019||N/A||Time Management,Software Development,Citizenship,Pages,Sharepoint Online,Angular,Communications||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
Requisition ID: 20925
Job Category: Information Technology
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Join Hatch’s Execution Technology team in implementing the company’s SharePoint platform. This initiative will provide a contemporary, social and collaborative environment through which teams will be inspired and empowered to work globally in innovative ways.
The platform is expanding within the organization as the primary repository for document sharing, collaboration, and communication, the location for workflow/business process automation and communication center for internal corporate communications. This is an excellent opportunity to advance your technical skills and learn more about Hatch’s business processes.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- University/College student or graduate in an IT/Computer Science related discipline.
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint Online and new Modern Team Sites.
- Full understanding of SharePoint structure including site collections, sites, content types, site columns, libraries, lists, pages, webparts, views, permissions, and search.
- Experience with SharePoint Online Development, CSOM, PnP templates, remote event receivers, custom webparts, SPFX apps
- Previous experience implementing .net solutions using C# utilizing client-side frameworks like React or Angular.
- Exposure to Agile software development lifecycle processes
- Good time management, communications, presentation and organizational skills
- Ability to work in an environment of multiple parallel projects and within a team environment
- Superior attention to detail, problem solving and organizational skills
- Willing to work after-hours as part of a global team supporting global projects
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation
As a member of the SharePoint Agile Development Team, the Junior Technical Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Working together with the Solution Analyst and agile team, review functional requirements from business / project users and participate in the proposing technological solutions or alternatives to address the needs. Includes investigation and prototyping of new functionality if required.
- Make minor modifications and enhancements to SharePoint Online sites as required.
- Create / update SharePoint PnP team site templates and modern webparts using SPFX framework based on business needs.
- Develop and deploy backed remote event receivers using .net and CSOM to handle system requirements.
- Migrate content into SharePoint Online sites with migration tools or manual procedures.
- Perform testing of SharePoint Online sites or components as developed by the Team.
- Technical Document Writing, user guides, & training material development for various aspects of the SharePoint implementation.
- Conduct training sessions and demos for deliverables for SharePoint users, Content Managers and Site Owners.
- Day to day functional support for SharePoint users globally
- Create, leverage and manage content types, site columns, lookup lists and libraries supporting Content Managers and Site Owners
- Investigate and where possible resolve issues identified by users in conjunction with technical support for third level escalated calls.
- Support continuous improvement in the SharePoint platform itself.
- Collaborate with other teams on cross-application functionality and integration of systems and common data to support business development initiatives
- Provide input into QA plans, QA testing and User Acceptance testing
- Follow all defined procedures including the software development lifecycle, source control, issue tracking and document management procedures and recommend improvement
IT Software - Other
An it/computer science related discipline
Mississauga, ON, Canada