Senior Software Engineer
Lisboa, Área Metropolitana de Lisboa, Portugal - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||05 Oct, 2021||Not Specified||06 Jul, 2021||N/A||Data Engineering,Scientists||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
WE ARE LOOKING FOR AN EXPERIENCED SOFTWARE ENGINEER TO HELP BUILD OUT OUR DATA PLATFORM IN ORDER TO MAXIMISE THE VALUE WE CAN BRING TO OUR CUSTOMERS.
With platform we mean our customer-facing web application (built on top of our data) as well as our (Python-based) toolkit that our professional services team can leverage when serving our customers.
You are thus a bridge between our data augmentation team (which uses data engineering & science to standardise and augment all the data we scrape) as well as our professional services team (consisting of data analysts, BI wizards, data engineers & scientists) that leverages our data.
AS A COMPANY WE ALSO OFFER PRIVATE HEALTH INSURANCE, A SOLID LAPTOP (MACBOOK, LINUX-FRIENDLY OR WINDOWS - IT’S UP TO YOU!) AND A LOT OF FLEXIBILITY.
The application process involves a challenge. That challenge, and the interviews, are all conducted remotely.
This is a rather broad software engineering role which will vary from web development to more backend (Python) development as well as some data engineering.
To cope with this we’re looking for a candidate with the following qualities as a minimum:
- You speak fluent English as you’ll work in an international team. Moreover you are a strong communicator, both written and verbally.
- You’ll be part of a team but we need you to be able to organise your own work, we are a small company after all.
- You should be comfortable with Node, React & Git as our current stack is built around them.
- You’ve been a software engineer in a professional environment for at least 5 years.
It’s even better when:
- You also know how to write Python code.
- You’ve worked in tech startups or scale ups before and have built architectures & or cloud infrastructure up from the ground.
- You’ve worked with AWS (or Azure or GPC) and have used Terraform to manage your infrastructure.
- You’ve worked with a (cloud-based) data warehouse such as Snowflake, Redshift, Bigquery, …
How To Apply:
Incase you would like to apply to this job directly from the source, please click here
- You’ll work following best practices for software engineering, including code reviews, unit tests, infrastructure-as-code, among others. We’re not where we want to be yet, so there’s room to add your touch here.
- We also offer squad rotations, allowing you to spend some time per week doing work for another team in order to learn more about the challenges other teams face.
IT Software - Application Programming / Maintenance