Senior Visualization Engineer - Remote
at Oldcastle Infrastructure
Atlanta, Georgia, USA - 30328
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||01 Nov, 2022||Not Specified||01 Aug, 2022||1 year(s) or above||Computer Science,Qlik,Salesforce,Communication Skills,Sql Server,Oracle,Tableau,Mathematics,Microstrategy,Data Warehouse,Sap,Distributed Teams,Statistics||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
Job ID: 414304
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH company, is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, and plastic products in the United States. Our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete products and more. With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, Oldcastle Infrastructure is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality, and service in cutting edge ways.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field.
- 10+ years’ experience as a Visualization Engineer or BI (Business Intelligence) Report/dashboard designer on large scale data warehouse and/or analytics initiatives utilizing enterprise class visualization tools (Tableau, Qlik, MicroStrategy, etc).
- 5+ years of experience designing, developing, and implementing visualizations in Tableau.
- 1+ years’ experience with visualizations utilizing Cloud-based platforms and data sources.
- Strong SQL (Structured Query Language) ability to view and understand data from common data base systems and applications (Oracle, SQL Server, Salesforce, SAP, etc.)
- Understanding of full life cycle development methodology
- Demonstrated ability to remain effective and productive in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Ability to provide after-hours BAU support as required
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with agile style project management techniques
- Ability to work independently or in a group setting
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills with both technical and non-technical colleagues from geographically distributed teams on all organizational levels.
How To Apply:
Incase you would like to apply to this job directly from the source, please click here
The Senior Visualization Engineer position will partner with people across the company to support the continued growth and success of the enterprise in a robust and cohesive team. This person has a passion for data visualization, has already acquired a high level of technical expertise, and is looking to grow into a data and analytics team lead. To be successful, the Senior Visualization Engineer will need to demonstrate both business acumen and technological insight to execute our global data strategy. The position works closely with business analysts, other engineers, and business users to design, develop, test, and implement visualizations (reports, dashboards, interactive analytics) that go beyond requirements and deliver real business value. In addition to project work, this position will also provide Business As Usual (BAU) support for the existing environment.
Reporting within the Data & Analytics team, the role will be responsible for leading the design, development, implementation, and support of visualizations utilizing Tableau across technology platforms for both on-premises and cloud solutions, including working across departments and in matrix/agile project teams.
- Serve as a visualization expert in Tableau using data visualization best practices to guide team and business members in creating sustainable and scalable solutions.
- Lead and participate in discovery and requirement sessions to documenting business knowledge with the ability to translate into development features, stories, and tasks.
- Ability to design and develop multiple visualizations in parallel keeping stakeholders informed and delivering efforts on time.
- Understanding of how to design data sets to accommodate the needs of different visualizations.
- Utilize experience to propose and recommend new visualizations and analytics to drive business insight and data analysis.
- Develops trusting relationships with the internal and external team members while keeping a positive and collaborative mindset.
- Provide support to existing dashboards (business-as-usual “BAU”) in parallel with project work.
IT Software - Other
Computer science mathematics statistics or related field
Atlanta, GA, USA