Site Reliability (DevOps) Engineer - AWS RBR
at Amazon Dev Center US Inc
Arlington, Virginia, USA - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||18 Feb, 2022||USD 2 Annual||18 Nov, 2021||1 year(s) or above||Ownership,Knowledge Sharing,Drive,Computer Science,Operational Readiness,Information Technology,Distributed Systems,Scalability,Database Systems,Automated Software Testing,Reporting Systems||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as C++, C#, Java, Python, Golang, PowerShell, Ruby
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 3+ years of experience in Systems Administration, Network Administration, AWS Cloud App development, DevOps or Site Reliability Engineering
- 3+ years of proven operating systems knowledge Linux/Unix
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or related field or 4 additional years engineering experience in lieu of degree
How To Apply:
Incase you would like to apply to this job directly from the source, please click here
- Automating repetitive manual processes, developing tooling for infrastructure requirements
- Developing monitoring solutions, performing infrastructure maintenance and configuration
- Drive automation design and scaling requirements to support the service.
- Identifying and resolving issues, automating and improving repetitive processes, and working closely with the development team.
- Working alongside development, updating/enhancing our current software, automation of support processes and documentation of our systems.
- Translate functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture, design and extensible code
- Code and test complex system modules; develop and leverage frameworks to be effective and efficient
- Participate in architecture, design and code reviews to maintain our high development standards
- Mentor other engineers, defining our challenging technical culture, and helping to build a fast-growing team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- Masters in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or related field
- Able to work in a diverse team
- Strong sense of ownership and drive
- Excellent written and verbal communication, analytical and collaborative problem-solving skills
- Experience specifying, designing, and/or implementing system health and performance monitoring tools
- Experience designing and/or implementing automated software testing, deployment and performance analysis systems
- Experience conducting failure mode analysis in complex distributed systems
- Experience conducting efficiency and duplication analysis across large organizations
- Experience reviewing and refining design and architecture documents presented by partner teams for operational readiness, fault tolerance and scalability
- Experience developing or furthering existing application and system management tools and processes that reduce manual efforts and increase overall efficiency
- Ability to adapt and improve operations management systems and processes to accommodate rapid and increasing growth in systems and traffic
- Experience monitoring the health of the fleet, automating system health, maintenance tasks, and reporting systems as needed
- Experience with very large distributed systems such as large-scale distributed database systems, storage farms, and/or horizontally scaled request processing fleets
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
- Please email AWS Sourcing Recruiter, James Granum (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have questions.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com.
IT Software - System Programming
Arlington, VA, USA