at Microsoft Corporation
Redmond, Washington, USA - 98052
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||17 Oct, 2021||Not Specified||17 Jun, 2021||3 year(s) or above||Computer Science,Service Development,Distributed Systems,Consideration,Microsoft,Synchronization,Color,Debugging,Physics,Web Api,Communication Skills,Ordinances,C,Regulations,Analytical Skills,Java,C++,Legal Requirements,Algorithm Design||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
Are you passionate about cloud technology? Do you want to learn the core of what matters in building a cloud service from the best people in the industry?
Microsoft Azure SQL DB is a leader in managed relational database business and we are growing rapidly. We are operating hundreds of thousands of servers worldwide with millions of databases in over 40 regions. Our team pushes the limits of technology to exceed requirements of the most demanding data applications in the industry.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering or Mathematics or Physics or IT technical discipline or, in place of, 3+ years of internship or 3+ years of industry engineering experience.
- 2+ years of programming experience in Java OR C++ OR C OR object-oriented programming.
- Experience collaborating with peers and partner teams to meet joint engineering goals
- Strong coding, debugging, algorithm design, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with cloud-scale services and server/service management features.
- Able to learn new systems quickly and adapt new methodologies to our services.
- Experience with cloud technologies
- 2+ years in Online Service development is a plus
- Knowledge of building a secure service and understanding of cloud computing paradigms
- Experience and understanding in building highly available, highly scalable, reliable, distributed systems is an advantage
- Strong debugging, coding, and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- .NET, C#, Web API
- Native Windows development experience is a bonus (stack and heap management, threads, synchronization, debugging)
- Knowledge of how web works (REST API)
- Good analytical skills and learn quickly
- Love for the Service Lifestyle
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and a shifting landscape
- Ability to deliver results in fast-paced environment
By applying to this position, you are being considered for multiple like positions within our organization – OneDrive and SharePoint.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work
Azure SQL DB Control Plane is processing billions of REST API calls every month with predictable SLA and 100% consistency, tolerating underlying system failures, software and hardware upgrades and reconfiguration. It orchestrates complex workflows spanning multiple services in Azure and within Azure SQL DB clusters. We are looking for a passionate, motivated, and experienced engineer with strong design skills to join the team.
You will have an opportunity to build the next generation of Control Plane platform designed for 100x customer and request volume growth, mine insights from telemetry and behavior of large distributed systems, learn and contribute to design of service software stack, datacenter design and network topology etc.
- Designing, implementing, and deploying solutions that impact our engineering organization at all stages of the development lifecycle
- Release features on time, with high quality, meeting functional, performance, scalability, and compliance requirements
- Participate in on-call rotation for the team
IT Software - System Programming
Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, IT
Redmond, WA, USA