Software Quality Control Lead
at Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
Brande, Region Midtjylland, Denmark -
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||27 Dec, 2023||Not Specified||27 Sep, 2023||N/A||Good communication skills||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy: we believe in the power of nature and technology. Enable us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint – join the team in creating a better future for us on our planet.
We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they may be in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity, and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us one global team, with our colleagues’ safety at the heart of our organization. Read more about your future team and employees’ stories
in our brochure
How to contribute to our vision
For our System Integration team within the SW organization we are looking for a Quality Control Lead in a newly established team.
In System Integration we fulfill the role of a Solution level System Team in SAFe, which means that we are responsible for the holistic SW test strategy, the enforcement of it, and the creation and maintenance of our CI build- and test environments in which automated tests are executed. We are responsible for the definition, implementation and operation of all Solution level tests.
As an integral part of our Continuous Delivery transformation we have established a Metrics team to obtain unbiased insights into the solution quality and delivery flow. Our department holds the responsibility for the overall OT SW solution delivery, including release management and quality assurance functions.
- You will develop a Quality Governance model for the entire SW organization and ensure it is anchored into our process system together with the process team.
- You will work with the Product Owner of the Metrics team to extend our metric capabilities to suite the Quality Governance model. This includes identification of the needed metrics, and the thresholds that shall be applied. Until the automatic gathering of these metrics is in place, you will manually spearhead this by establishing the needed reporting.
- You will establish an implementation plan together with each development team in order to ensure adherence to the standards set by the Quality Governance model.
- You will lead the cultural change in the development teams to truly incorporate the values and intention of the Quality Governance model, not just the measurements.
- You provide a Solution-level management report on a regular basis.
- You will work with the Release Manager and provide inputs on the release readiness to make recommendations for SW releases to the fleet.
- You drive the root cause analysis of all defects, which have escaped into the fleet. This is done together with the domain experts in the Integration Test team. You convert these into concrete improvement proposals in order to prevent issue recurrence.
- You represent Siemens Gamesa in our corporation with a set of universities and industry partners to ensure we apply state of the art Quality Governance principles.
What you need to make a difference
- You hold an academic degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or similar, but your passion for Quality Governance in CI/CD environments is most important.
- You have substantial experience with working in an industrial Software development organization
- You have experience with establishing a Quality Governance model in an agile environment.
- You have experience with the Continuous Delivery methodology.
- You have strong communication and people skills.
- You understand how to present complex things in a simple way
- You are proactive, ‘hands-on’ and can get things done in a sustainable manner
- You want to take the lead in obtaining the needed quality insights from our development pipelines
- You have experience in applying agile software development practices (e.g. SAFe)
- You are motivated by and interested in automation and development
- You have excellent English verbal and written language skills - a basic understanding of Danish is advantageous
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
In return of your commitment, we offer you…
- To become a part of our mission for sustainability: clean energy for generations to come.
- We are a global team of diverse colleagues who share an enthusiasm for renewable energy and have a culture of trust and empowerment to make our own ideas a reality.
- We focus on personal and professional development to grow internally within our organization.
- Siemens Gamesa offers a wide variety of benefits such as flexible working hours as well as home-office possibility for many colleagues, employer-funded pension, attractive remuneration package (fixed/variable) and local benefits such as subsided lunch, employee discounts and much more.
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Our global team is on the front line of tackling the climate crisis, reducing carbon emissions – the biggest challenge we face.
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiting team an email via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the Job ID in the email.
Please apply in English only.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may NOT be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
For more information about working in Denmark, please see this link:
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual’s merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working
Please refer the Job description for details
IT Software - QA & Testing
Ci/cd environments is most important