Specialist Speech and Language Therapist ENT
at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom -
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||17 Jun, 2023||GBP 40588 Annual||18 Mar, 2023||N/A||Good communication skills||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
Due to recent investment, we are looking for Speech and Language Therapists to join our SLT ENT/HNC Service at Nottingham University Hospitals Trust . This permanent band 6 role is ideal for a dynamic and enthusiastic SLT to join our friendly team. We are looking for applicants with established dysphagia skills and an enthusiasm to learn. In return ,you will benefit from expert training and mentoring from our senior clinicians, and will develop competencies in instrumental evaluations and learn to deliver a range of rehabilitation techniques . We work alongside MDT and Consultant colleagues in acute wards and out-patient clinics (including oncology, ENT, Maxillofacial and radiology) to provide SLT services to patients across benign voice, complex airway, and head and neck cancer pathways. You will join a service with a strong ethos of team-working, in which professional development, quality improvement and research are encouraged. Please get in touch for an informal chat - we’d love to hear from you!
Main duties of the job
Please see the accompanying Job Description and Person specification.
- Day –to-day supervision and direction for Speech and Language Therapy Assistant and students.
- To delegate to SLT technical instructor/assistant, administrative and nursing staff
- To contribute to team objectives reflecting local and national health and social care priorities
Working for our organisation
The SLT HNC/ENT Service sits in the Surgery Division of Nottingham University Hospitals Trust We are an expanding , innovative and highly supportive SLT service and this is an exciting time to join us. We have strong inks to other SLT Services at NUH and across the county and benefit from strong leadership and support from hospital senior management in the surgery division and the ENT department at NUH.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
PLEASE SEE ACCOMPANYING JOB DESCRIPTION AND PERSON SPECIFICATION AND MAKE SPECIFIC REFERENCE TO THESE IN YOUR APPLICATION
- HPCP registration
- RCSLT membership
- Evidence of successful completion of short courses related to client group
- Post basic dysphagia training (eg FEEs/VPG/trache)
- 2 years experience of dysphagia management in acute and out-patient settings
- working with tracheostomy; FEES ; VPG
- specialist knowledge of assessment tools and appropirate therapeutic interventions
- Experience of working with specialist client groups
- Knowledge of national policies, drivers and procedures relevant to the client group
- Relevant experience in specialist area (H & N; ENT/Max Fac/SVR /Voice disorders
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in written, verbal and non-verbal channels , including with patients who are themselves communication impaired and where barriers to communication exist, and experience of adjusting language as appropriate
- evidence of strong commitment to team working and team ethos
Bring your whole self to work for us at NUH. We love diversity and we value your difference, your unique skills, knowledge and experience. Becoming one of our people may realise your potential, helping us to raise our performance in delivering world class healthcare to the diverse patient populations we serve.
We particularly welcome applications from people who identify as Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic, or Disabled, as we are currently under-represented at NUH.
Covid-19 vaccination: remains the best way to protect yourself, family, colleagues and our patients/service users from the Covid-19 virus. We continue to encourage our current and potential colleagues to get vaccinated. For helpful advice and information about the Covid-19 vaccination and how to access visit: https://nottsccg.nhs.uk/covid-19/covid-19-vaccinations/
Closing Dates: Please submit your application form as soon as possible to avoid disappointment; we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the published closing date if we receive a sufficient number of completed application forms.
Communication: All communication related to your application will be via the email address you have provided. Please ensure you check your email account including your junk email regularly.
Easy read application: if you have a disability and find it difficult to complete our online application form, you can apply via our easy read application which you can find on the intranet https://www.nuh.nhs.uk/easy-read-job-application
Salary: The quoted salary will be on a pro rata basis for part time workers.
Disability Confidence: All applicants who have declared a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the post will be shortlisted.
At Risk of redundancy: NHS employees within the East Midlands who are ‘at risk’ of redundancy will be given a preferential interview where they meet the essential criteria of the person specification.
Skilled Workers Visa: We welcome applications from individuals who require a skilled worker visa in line with the Home Office regulations. NON-UK/NON SETTLED candidates may not be appointed, if a suitably qualified and skilled UK/SETTLED candidate is successful at interview stage as it is unlikely that the Trust is able to satisfy the Home Office Visa requirements
ID and Right to work checks: NUH authenticate all ID and right to work documentation such as passports, visa’s and driving license through a system called Trust ID. NUH will scan your ID and right to work documentation in to the Trust ID system at your face to face ID appointment. The system will run a check against the key security features within your documentation. The system will provide us with an outcome of your check which will be stored securely on your personal file along with all other pre-employment check documentation.
- Transfer of information: If I have previous NHS service - I consent to the transfer of my Electronic Staff Record (ESR) data between this and other NHS Trusts. I also consent to the Occupational Health Department confidentially accessing my occupational health records from my current or previous employer in order to check the status of my vaccinations, immunisations s and screening tests as relevant to the post. I understand this is an automated process and the information will only be used for these purposes prior to me taking up the position at NUH.
- Disclosure and Barring Service: Your post maybe subject to a DBS check which incur a cost dependent on the level of check required (£41.90 for enhanced and £21.90 for standard). I agree to reimburse Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust the cost of a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check if it is required (by deduction from first month’s pay). Should I decide to withdraw from my job offer, I agree to reimburse Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust the cost of the DBS check undertaken by cheque or other agreed method.
How To Apply:
Incase you would like to apply to this job directly from the source, please click here
Please refer the Job description for details
Pharma / Biotech / Healthcare / Medical / R&D
Oral Healthcare Services
Nottingham, United Kingdom