Sr Software Engineer I
at Raytheon Company
Marlborough, Massachusetts, USA - 01752
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||27 Dec, 2019||Not Specified||28 Sep, 2019||4 year(s) or above||Mathematics,Communication Skills,Clearcase,Software Development,Jenkins,Computer Science,Unix,Continuous Integration,Radar,Agile,Keywords,Linux,Integration,Scrum,C++,Computer Engineering,Uml||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
Are you interested in joining a community of dynamic, professional engineers? Are you a Software Engineer who is looking for a new opportunity in a collaborative environment which is characterized by respect for the individual and problem solving in a team setting? Our company is focused on achieving excellence through thought and team work while leveraging individual diversity. Our team makes a difference in protecting our actively serving military men and women both at home and overseas.
We have multiple opportunities for software engineers within the Naval Radar Software Department in Marlborough, Massachusetts. The Naval Radar Software Department mission is to provide world class Surveillance Radar Software to be used in radar systems deployed on land and sea. Our software teams employ an Agile Scrum process to rapidly design, code, and integrate capabilities on a continuous basis into a mature solution for our customers. We strive for technical excellence by drawing upon a diverse workforce whose knowledge base covers the complete spectrum of modern computing languages and platforms.
The job location for this opportunity is in Marlborough, MA, supporting the Radar Software Product Line (RSPL) which supports the AMDR, EASR and LTAMDS programs. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, implementing, debugging and fixing problems with the Radar software applications, as well as supporting software integration and verification efforts. Our radar software applications are developed using C++ programming language running in a distributed fashion across a variety of computing platforms running Linux, UNIX or Windows operating systems.
The RSPL software is developed and delivered incrementally using Agile development methods, including Scrum, automated testing and continuous integration. The candidate will be an active participant on the Scrum team, performing development tasks independently. This successful candidate will employ their understanding of real-time software design to recognize the performance implications associated with specific detail implementations. The candidate will use the “big picture” view of the radar system to develop or review detail solutions at the source code level.
- Minimum 4 years experience all phases of Software Engineering
- Experience with C++
- Linux or UNIX experience
- This position requires the ability to obtain a Secret clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only US Citizens are eligible for a clearance.
BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Software Engineering, or related STEM field.
- Existing secret clearance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in Agile development methods, including Scrum, automated testing and continuous integration
- Radar domain knowledge
- Broad real-time, multi-threaded software development experience
- Self-starter and ability to lead development, integration and test activities
- Familiarity with the following Software Tools: Rational Rhapsody, ClearCase and Team Concert, Jenkins, DOORS, Google Test
- Strong Object-Oriented Design Knowledge including UML
- Six Sigma Specialist certification
- Experience developing software in a team based development environment, preferably Agile/SCRUM
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or Software Engineering
KEYWORDS: C++, Linux, UNIX, OOD, UML, real-time software development, Agile, Scrum
Please refer the Job description for details
IT Software - System Programming
Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical, Electrical Engineering, Engineering, Mathematics, STEM
Marlborough, MA, USA