Staff Technical Sourcing Engineer - Mechanical
at Thermo Fisher Scientific
Budapest, Közép-Magyarország, Hungary - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||16 Aug, 2021||Not Specified||16 May, 2021||N/A||Models,Independence,Negotiation||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Negotiation: Ability to negotiate cost and build should cost models for sourced materials
- Independence: Can work without direct supervision under ambiguous demands within a global organization
- Advanced technical writing skills to produce reports and documents
- As part of the technical sourcing engineering team you will work closely with R&D, product development, quality, procurement and commodity managers to align the global sourcing strategy and supply base to drive cost reduction, manufacturing scale up, resolves supplier quality issues.
- Primary focus will be on mechanical components, mechanical assemblies, fabricated sheet metal parts, cast and machined parts and OEM assemblies.
- Travel will be up to 20% global.
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
Engineering Design / R&D