Summer News Intern - Hays Daily News
Kansas, Kansas, USA - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||07 Aug, 2021||Not Specified||07 May, 2021||N/A||Juniors,Graduate Students||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
SUMMER NEWS INTERN - HAYS DAILY NEWS
Hays, KS 67601, USA Kansas, USA Req #15548
Tuesday, April 27, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
SUMMER REPORTER INTERN
The Hays Daily News is seeking a top-notch journalism student for a summer internship.
The internship is 40 hours a week for a minimum of 12 weeks, starting in May or early June and running through August.
This is a hands-on internship. You’ll do reporting every day, learning how to write clear, accurate copy on deadline, plus getting the opportunity to work on in-depth enterprise reports.
- Candidates must be juniors, seniors or graduate students attending a four-year college or university or have a journalism degree but haven’t yet landed a job.
- Prior experience working for a college publication is required; a previous journalism internship is a plus.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable motor vehicle record, proof of insurance and reliable transportation.
- Knowledge of Kansas a plus.
- Provide 5 (five) samples of work with your application.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
- Job Family Intern
- Job Function Consumer
- Pay Type Hourly
How To Apply:
Incase you would like to apply to this job directly from the source, please click here
- Report and write about general assignment topics in central Kansas, with a focus on public safety and trending news.
- Produce photos and videos about general news topics.
- Participate in the Daily News curation team efforts, identifying social media trends and bringing local context to the discussion.
Marketing / Advertising / MR / PR