Supervisory Survey Statistician, GS-1530-14, Census-DE-SAB
at US Department of Commerce
Suitland, Maryland, USA - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||26 Feb, 2020||USD 152352 Annual||27 Nov, 2019||1 year(s) or above||Measurements,Social Sciences,History,Credit,Correlation,Statistics,Dispersion,Geography,Psychology,Computing,It,Mathematics,Economics,Demography,Medicine,Public Administration,Cultural Anthropology,Political Science||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
This vacancy is for a Supervisory Survey Statistician position in the American Community Survey Office located at the U.S. Census Bureau Headquarters in Suitland, Maryland. The Census Bureau is accessible from the Metro Rail Green Line - Suitland Station.
This Job Opportunity Announcement may be used to fill other Supervisory Survey Statistician, 1530-14, FPL 14 positions within the Census Bureau in the same geographical location with the same qualifications and specialized experience.
APPLICANTS MUST MEET ALL QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS BY THE CLOSING DATE OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT.
This vacancy is advertised under 2 different announcements. Please read the ‘Who May Apply’ section carefully to determine your eligibility. If you are not eligible under this announcement, please see ACSO-2020-0007, Supervisory Survey Statistician, GS-1530-14, CENSUS-MP-SAB
A supervisory probationary period may be required.
This position is ELIGIBLE for telework; additional criteria will be required (e.g., supervisory approval).
This is a NON-BARGAINING unit position.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENT:
- Degree: that included 15 semester hours in statistics (or in mathematics and statistics, provided at least 6 semester hours were in statistics), and 9 additional semester hours in one or more of the following: physical or biological sciences, medicine, education, or engineering; or in the social sciences including demography, history, economics, social welfare, geography, international relations, social or cultural anthropology, health sociology, political science, public administration, psychology, etc. Credit toward meeting statistical course requirements should be given for courses in which 50 percent of the course content appears to be statistical methods, e.g., courses that included studies in research methods in psychology or economics such as tests and measurements or business cycles, or courses in methods of processing mass statistical data such as tabulating methods or electronic data processing.or
- Combination of education and experience - courses as shown in A above, plus appropriate experience or additional education. The experience should have included a full range of professional statistical work such as (a) sampling, (b) collecting, computing, and analyzing statistical data, and (c) applying statistical techniques such as measurement of central tendency, dispersion, skewness, sampling error, simple and multiple correlation, analysis of variance, and tests of significance.
EDUCATION CANNOT BE SUBSTITUTED FOR EXPERIENCE AT THIS GRADE LEVEL.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
IF YOU ARE RELYING ON YOUR EDUCATION TO MEET QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
- Plan, coordinate, schedule, carry out, monitor, and report status of activities for large-scale survey, administrative data, or other projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Develop, guide, oversee, and lead the work of individuals and teams to meet the American Community Survey program priorities and goals.
- Consult, collaborate, and build partnerships with stakeholders, communicate technical information with a variety of audiences, and develop products to meet customer needs.
- Serve as the subject matter or technical expert for various survey, administrative, and/or other projects for the American Community Survey program.
IT Software - Other
Administration, Economics, Mathematics, Psychology, Statistics, Public Administration, Political Science, Sociology
Suitland, MD, USA