Surgical Technologist - Operating Room (Part Time)
Bellingham, Washington, USA - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||30 Jan, 2020||USD 22 Hourly||30 Oct, 2019||1 year(s) or above||Training,Operating Room||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
PeaceHealth is seeking a Surgical Technologist - Operating Room (Part Time) for a 0.5 full time equivalent Non-Exempt position. This position will be working Day shift with shift durations of 10 Hours.
Req ID: 170032
This position is responsible for assisting the Surgical team during operative procedures by performing a variety of technical duties to primarily assist in responsibility for the preparation and maintenance of the surgical sterile field for the operative patient.
- Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology school or recognized course of training as a Surgical Technologist preferred.
- If LPN, graduation from an accredited LPN program is required.
- One year experience as a surgical technologist/LPN in a full service operating room preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Well organized, detail oriented and self-motivated
- Ability to coordinate activities and work collaboratively with others
- Ability to execute detailed procedures with accuracy and precision
- Basic computer/keyboarding skills including MS Office applications
- Understanding of operating room protocols
ST JOSEPH PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion at least 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to skin or lung irritants; extreme cold or heat; sharp instruments such as kitchen knives, scalpels, etc.; or dangerous equipment; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
- Arrange and inventories sterile set-up for operation and passes items as needed to the surgical team.
- Understand and apply the principles of asepsis. Establish and maintain sterile field and assure team maintains sterile environment.
- Assist in preparation and moving of patients.
- Cleans, disinfects, and sterilizes instrumentation. Assists with clean-up and room turnover.
- Access computer information as needed, such as preference lists and digital images.
- Participates in all safety initiatives. Adheres to programs such as SCIP and SCOAP quality initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Pharma / Biotech / Healthcare / Medical / R&D
Bellingham, WA, USA