System Support Technician
at Albertsons Companies
Meridian, Idaho, USA - 83642
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||20 Oct, 2022||Not Specified||20 Jul, 2022||N/A||Computer Science,Color,Training,Information Technology,Leadership,Servers,Software,Mainframe,Output Management,Drug Free Workplace,Perspectives,Working Environment,It||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
SYSTEMS SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
Albertsons Safeway is working to become the favorite food and drug retailer in every market it serves. The organization includes 2,230 stores, 27 distribution facilities and 19 manufacturing plants with over 250,000 employees across 34 states and the District of Columbia. The company is privately owned with supermarkets across the country that include Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Carrs, ACME, Jewel-Osco, Lucky, Shaw’s, Star Market, Super Saver, United Supermarkets, Market Street and Amigos.
The Sundries distribution center has an opening for a Systems Analyst. This position is in Meridian, Idaho.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Computer Science preferred
- 1 plus years’ experience in application support and/or computer operation or training/completion of IT courses
- Experience in wholesale and/or retail vertical domain
• Technical aptitude and ability to understand technical and functional concepts quickly
• Organizational and planning skills to meet deadlines
• Possess solid knowledge of information technology (hardware & software) solutions & tools.
- Possess strong knowledge of Supply Chain processes and applications (e.g. Procurement, Warehousing, Transportation, Manufacturing etc.).
of core Distribution operations to facilitate recovery procedures for all job processing, network or hardware failures.
- Possess good communications skills, both verbal and written. Deal effectively with a wide variety of people both in person and over the telephone.
- Requires the analytical ability to handle administrative duties and mental alertness to ensure accurate, safe and thorough completion of work activities.
- Possess ability to concentrate and deal with frequent interruptions.
- Travel Requirements: Up to 5%.
We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. And a diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect .
We provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace – all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
How To Apply:
Incase you would like to apply to this job directly from the source, please click here
The System Support Specialist position reports to the System Support Manager. This role provides technical support and system administration for Independent Sales Team, Warehousing, Transportation, Procurement, Accounting, HR etc. This position contributes to the overall goals by maintaining the integrity and viability of all technical and application solutions employed within a Sales Team, Distribution Center. In compliance with Supply Chain and IT standards in collaboration with Supply Chain Services and Information Technology.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Assist in d eveloping and maintaining system-to-system integration interfaces using SQL Server stored procedures
• Assist business stakeholders with analytical reporting using SQL Server Reporting Services
• Provide system support, report defects/improvements to vendor, and install vendor provided software updates/upgrades
• Support and train end-users use the system effectively
• Monitor the system and resolve issues
• Assist in d eveloping and maintaining strong functional and technical product knowledge
• Conduct effective training and product demonstrations for C-Level sponsors
• Provide technical and system / application administration expertise related to Supply Chain applications, automation systems and technologies deployed within the Distribution Center(s) and where applicable, Manufacturing Plants.
• Monitor performance and functioning of technologies and applications.
- Provide leadership for technical and system / application issue resolution.
- Collaborate with IT to support and maintenance of all IT Hardware, Networks, Servers, etc.
- Printer management (Mainframe, MFD, and Warehouse production printers) as necessary.
- Print output management (Internal Daily and Weekly reports, Store Price Maintenance reports and Order Guides) as necessary.
- Participate / Lead Special Projects .
Purchase / Logistics / Supply Chain
Information technology or computer science preferred
Meridian, ID, USA