Systems Engineer, Space Avionics, Mid Career
at Lockheed Martin Corporation
Littleton, Colorado, USA - 80125
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||15 Nov, 2020||Not Specified||16 Aug, 2020||5 year(s) or above||Design,Communication Skills,Requirements Management,Design Review,Documentation,Systems Engineering,Engineering Disciplines,Pdr,Thinking Skills,Change Management,Frr||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
Are you ready to take your career to a new level and work at an extraordinary company in Littleton, CO?
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems.
Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus. If you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
As a Space Avionics Systems Engineer, you will:
- Be responsible for drafting, reviewing, and releasing requirements specification documents, including defining the requirements and verification baseline.
- Support program requirements and verification team projects and coordinate regularly with key partners to maintain program objectives.
- Quickly become a proficient independent contributor with program DOORS database and apply systems engineering change control process to retain control of the avionics requirements.
- Utilize change management process and tools to implement change control of the program baseline.
- Coordinate design review milestone meetings System Requirements Review (SRR), Preliminary Design Review (PDR), Critical Design Review (CDR), etc) and support adopting program milestone reviews by understanding system level interfaces and integration.
- Problem solve design and integration issues with technology adoption into varying mission sizes and types.
- Experience in Systems Engineering, or related technical discipline experience with knowledge of Systems Engineering concepts and processes.
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple engineering disciplines to identify technical product characteristics to develop requirements specifications.
- Experience performing specification/requirement development and documentation.
- Familiarity with program and design review process: System Requirements Review (SRR), Preliminary Design Review (PDR), Critical Design Review (CDR), Flight Readiness Review (FRR).
- DOORS or similar tool for requirements management, decomposition and publication.
- Experience with Avionics subsystems (e.g. elecrical power, command/data handling).
- Ability to define and document solutions to complex problems and to convey solutions to both senior management and to other internal teams.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of program business rhythms including risk management, change management, and/or system design
- Demonstrated behaviors of a systems thinker; selects and applies appropriate systems thinking skills to solve very complex problems and implement constructive change
- Missile or space segment design and test experience with one or more subsystems or disciplines outside of Systems Engineering
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong social skills, and ability to build consensus among peers while building solid relationships with team members
LOCKHEED MARTIN IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, PREGNANCY, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS, OR DISABILITY STATUS.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Please refer the Job description for details
IT Software - Other
Littleton, CO, USA