Tax Planning & Compliance Manager
at The Panel
North Dublin, County Dublin, Ireland - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||09 Dec, 2021||USD 80000 Annual||10 Sep, 2021||2 year(s) or above||Analytical Skills,Interpersonal Skills,Tax,Communication Skills||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
- Tax qualified with minimum of 2 years’ pqe
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivation and have a proactive approach
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build positive relationships with other colleagues
- Strong MS office and technology awareness skills
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to work flexibly, effectively and under pressure to ensure tasks are finalised to strict deadlines
- Strong analytical skills coupled with an attention to detail to ensure completeness, consistency and accuracy of information
- Ability to build positive relationships with colleagues and key external stakeholders
Salary: €65k - €80k depending on experience
- Responsible for ensuring tax compliance across a range of tax headings including VAT, RCT, PAYE/PRSI, Corporation Tax, CGT, Professional Services With-Holding Tax, Tax clearance procedures
- Coordinate all interaction with external tax advisors, ensuring that all salient issues are addressed
- Prepare and/or approve tax return submissions including VAT3, RTD return of trading details, VAT statistical submissions, across a multi-entity group, and ensure all returns are submitted in accordance with prescribed deadlines.
- Coordinate preliminary tax and annual CT1 submissions for the Commercial Group, ensuring returns and payments are made by the due date.
- Review and approve monthly balance sheet tax reconciliations and tax provisions in the ERP system as part of the month-end and year-end accounting cycles.
- Manage and review tax structures to ensure tax compliance controls and structures are operating effectively.
- Lead applications for VAT grouping
- Responsible for ensuring overseas activities operate in compliance with tax laws, including co-ordinating with domestic and overseas legal and tax advisers.
- Organise the completion of withholding tax exemptions forms for customers based overseas
- Organise submissions to recover overseas withholding taxes where appropriate
- Implement a digital tax strategy, including leading the implementation of software to automate VAT returns and dual use VAT recovery exercises.
- Prepare dual use VAT recovery models for relevant entities in the Group, and ensure VAT is recovered in line with tax legislation and Revenue guidance.
- Develop, implement, and manage a VAT life solution for properties within the Group
- Co-ordinate and support all tax aspects associated with capital projects and project financing structures, including engagements with external tax advisers
- Manage and coordinate with stakeholders to ensure tax reviews and tax audits are responded to in a timely manner
- Ensure automated interfaces with external Tax Authority systems including in relation to RCT and PSWT are operating effectively and in line with compliance requirements.
- Provide structured training sessions to finance function staff, in conjunction with external tax advisers
- Develop a tax enquiry ticketing system where finance function colleagues and wider organisation staff can submit tax related queries to this role for review and feedback.
- Provide regular updates and presentations to the finance function senior management team showing how tax risks are being managed, as well as how tax opportunities are being planned and availed of.
- Develop and maintain a tax repository and knowledge base for finance function teams to access, where specific transactions that have been advised on previously are readily available to colleagues to support tax related tasks they undertake.
- Develop Case V calculation models in BI solutions to automate tax calculations.
- Complete tax planning calculations as part of the annual budgeting cycle
- Ensure the group treasury policy and loan arrangements comply with tax rules
- Ensure inter-group arrangements are in line with transfer pricing requirements
- Review commercial contracts and/or funding submissions to ensure tax costs have been fully considered, including within the pricing structure proposed.
- Support international mobility arrangements, including across training networks and research fellowships, and ensure appropriate payroll arrangements are in place.
- Conduct research on tax queries, to ensure tax arrangements are appropriate across a range of tax headings within the group.
Accounts / Finance / Tax / CS / Audit
Accounts Management, Finance
North Dublin, County Dublin, Ireland