at TIRE DISCOUNTER GROUP
Richmond Hill, ON, Canada - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||09 Dec, 2020||Not Specified||09 Sep, 2020||N/A||Time Management,Communication Skills,Organization Skills,Technical Ability,Leadership Skills,Inventory Control||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
Tire Discounter Group is a leading Canadian distributor of branded tires. TDG was founded in 1966, and since 1990 has expanded to distribution centers in Orangeville ON, Barrie ON, Ottawa ON, London, ON and the GTA. We also have 80 partner, associate and affiliate tire discounter retail stores throughout Ontario. From humble beginnings, Tire Discounter Group has never wavered from the core values of providing quality products, great value, and exceptional service. TDG strives to be an employer of choice, to attract and retain top talent, and to provide a safe and positive work environment for all of its team members.
TDG is currently seekingan Afternoon Lead Hand for our Richmond Hill distribution warehouse. If you are, a leader and a team player with a positive attitude then consider an opportunity with Tire Discounter Group.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Self-starter and able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Must be able to multi-task and be detail oriented.
- Capable follow up, and execution skills.
- Excellent leadership skills
- Strong Technical Ability
- Strong Problem Solving skills
- Time Management
- Inventory Control
- Team oriented and ability to motivate the team
How To Apply:
Incase you would like to apply to this job directly from the source, please click here
- Leads the shift teams members and or supporting staff, including truck drivers
- Monitor and assign the daily activities of the warehouse to the material handlers/drivers
- Assist in maintaining receiving, warehousing, and distribution of product
- Ensure proper procedures for receiving, locating and distribution of product are followed
- Assist in ensuring product is shipped timely and accurate – oversee orders pulled, staged, verified and loaded on correct delivery vehicle and/or container
- Assist in maintaining inventory levels and supplies by receiving, storing, delivering, and transferring
- Assist in maintaining inventory by conducting monthly cycle counts, reconciling variances, inputting data
- Assist in maintaining tire adjustments for warranty claims – inspect product, determine loss, report to appropriate personnel
- Monitors staffing levels for the shift and advise
- Assists in the training of new employees as well as assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees, communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring performance
- Assist in ensuring maximum warehouse efficiency
- Provides relevant information to the Warehouse Manager to resolve problems and identify warehouse improvements
- Assume full management responsibilities in the absence of the warehouse Manager, maintain knowledge of all warehouse procedures
- Drive the importance of workplace safety both morally and financially throughout the warehouse, understand and follow applicable laws, regulations and company health and safety standards; ensure that all policies and procedures are monitored, adhered to, and updated regularly to ensure compliance.
Job Type: Permanent
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
TDG will provide all necessary COVID-19 PP
Purchase / Logistics / Supply Chain
Richmond Hill, ON, Canada